Author Topic: GSX Sound settings ignored  (Read 1614 times)

GEK_the_Reaper

GSX Sound settings ignored
« on: December 24, 2022, 10:14:40 am »
So I set up the Volume and the device the sounds should be played, yet GSX totaly ignores the settings (volume is still at 100% and sound output still MSFS standard or Windows standard)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 11:13:36 am by GEK_the_Reaper »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Sound settings ignored
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2022, 06:39:45 pm »
I can confirm the GSX Volume affects GSX vehicles correctly, as soon you press the "Apply" button in the GSX Audio settings page.

However, if you want to change both the volume and the device, it needs restarting Couatl ( not the sim ().

GEK_the_Reaper

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 07:58:10 pm »
@virtuali Sorry for my late reply.

Some of the sounds can be changed through the interface but some don't (I think). I am talking about the sounds that "read" the displayed messages like: "Fuel truck is on it's way..." or "use the ACFT systems to load the fuel". Those sounds are always played on the main device and are extremely loud.
Boarding sounds or engine sounds are changed by the interface....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 01:30:58 am »
Some of the sounds can be changed through the interface but some don't (I think).

That's correct, and it's a completely different thing. From your first post, it seemed as if nothing you did in the volume affected any GSX sounds. Yes, those sounds are not controlled by there, because they are played differently (they are not 3d-based), we'll see if it might be possible to included in the normal volume settings.

GEK_the_Reaper

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 06:44:20 pm »
Some of the sounds can be changed through the interface but some don't (I think).

... we'll see if it might be possible to included in the normal volume settings.

Would be realy nice to control them from your GUI because the SIM sound volumes are mostly at 100% and I jump of my seat when GSX "yells" at me :)