Author Topic: Boarding NOT working correctly with new KEWR scenery from Drzewiecki  (Read 1329 times)

jsemmel

I've isolated an issue I'm having with Boarding to the new KEWR scenery I purchased from Drzewiecki.  The screen asking to Board Crew doesn't appear.  It displays Boarding Passengers but they aren't visible and they board in large multiples.

I've tested this with the following conditions:
Planes:  Fenix A320, PMDG 737-700, PMDG 737-800
Drzewiecki Gates: C80, C90 (single Jetways)
KEWR Jetways are excluded using CONFIG.

Boarding is working correctly using KEWR Default.

Can someone please advise any further troubleshooting from a GSX perspective to determine a cause and remedy?

Thank you!

apeddle

Re: Boarding NOT working correctly with new KEWR scenery from Drzewiecki
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 06:04:15 pm »
I have also had the same issue. I renamed the KEWR bgl file in the FSDT world of jetways and that corrected issues with gates appearing on ramp where they shouldn't be.
I tried excluding the airport first but that did not work.

I have had the same issue with KBOS from FlyTampa. Get to the airport, park so far so good. Go to deboard.. GSK flashes and disappears. No deboarding possible.

So the issue seems to be more complicated.

I uninstalled completely and then re-downloaded and reinstalled.
Still having issues.

jsemmel

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2022, 07:03:57 pm »
Deboarding works fine for me with the KEWR scenery.  The passengers are visible, count goes in order with the passengers, and the Deboard Crew screen appears at the end.  I'm trying to report my issue here first.  I will report it to Drzewiecki too if Umberto recommends it.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 07:07:40 pm by jsemmel »

apeddle

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2022, 11:51:10 pm »
I'll monitor this post and create a new one for my issue pending what Umberto says.

gdavej

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 04:00:09 am »
I've isolated an issue I'm having with Boarding to the new KEWR scenery I purchased from Drzewiecki.  The screen asking to Board Crew doesn't appear.  It displays Boarding Passengers but they aren't visible and they board in large multiples.

I've tested this with the following conditions:
Planes:  Fenix A320, PMDG 737-700, PMDG 737-800
Drzewiecki Gates: C80, C90 (single Jetways)
KEWR Jetways are excluded using CONFIG.

Boarding is working correctly using KEWR Default.

Can someone please advise any further troubleshooting from a GSX perspective to determine a cause and remedy?

Thank you!

I've had the same issue at KEWR... no "Board Crew" windows appearing, and passengers boarding way way too fast (140 passengers ins a minute or two). It only appears to be a problem when there's a jetway, boarding appears to work as normal when parked at a ramp (board crew windows appears and passengers board at a normal rate). I've also had the same issue at other airports (eg NFFN by IniBuild). I used the Fenix A320 and various gates at KEWR (eg B55)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2022, 07:43:14 am »
Are you parked on a jetway with double gates and are using the SU10 Navdata API ? If yes, have a look at this post, which explains some issues with jetway detection, which will in turn cause the fast/simulated passenger boarding, that should be solved with the SU12 SDK:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28663.msg187336.html#msg187336

A temporary solution could be disabling the SU10 Navdata API option, if the airport hasn't been bought on the Marketplace.

jsemmel

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2022, 11:08:48 pm »
Are you parked on a jetway with double gates and are using the SU10 Navdata API ? If yes, have a look at this post, which explains some issues with jetway detection, which will in turn cause the fast/simulated passenger boarding, that should be solved with the SU12 SDK:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28663.msg187336.html#msg187336

A temporary solution could be disabling the SU10 Navdata API option, if the airport hasn't been bought on the Marketplace.

C80 and C90 gates appear to have only 1 jetway associated with each.  SU10 Navdata API is UNCHECKED in the Config screen and I purchased it directly from Drzewiecki.

gdavej

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2022, 04:34:22 am »

C80 and C90 gates appear to have only 1 jetway associated with each.  SU10 Navdata API is UNCHECKED in the Config screen and I purchased it directly from Drzewiecki.

Same here, except I used gates in terminal B (eg B55), again though with only a single jetway.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2022, 01:43:59 pm »
A possible reason might be the scenery has named the jetway objects in an specific way, not containing "jetway" or "jw" in their name, so they are not detected, we'll need to check that.

EDIT:

Yes, that's was the reason, the jetways has been now added to the GSX internal database in today's update.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 03:28:24 pm by virtuali »

jsemmel

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2022, 06:40:58 pm »
A possible reason might be the scenery has named the jetway objects in an specific way, not containing "jetway" or "jw" in their name, so they are not detected, we'll need to check that.

EDIT:

Yes, that's was the reason, the jetways has been now added to the GSX internal database in today's update.

Umberto, THANK YOU!  Boarding is functioning correctly now!  Drzewiecki has a number of custom airports.  I assume Asobo created a standard naming convention to make integration between apps as seamless as possible. Drzewiecki should adhere to that.

gdavej

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2022, 10:03:37 am »

EDIT:

The passenger boarding issue at KEWR has been resolved now for me as well. However, it's still an issue at IniBuild NFFN (exactly the same issues as I had at KEWR). Could this naming issue that you detected, also been the cause of the problem at NFFN?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2022, 12:51:03 pm »
Umberto, THANK YOU!  Boarding is functioning correctly now!  Drzewiecki has a number of custom airports.  I assume Asobo created a standard naming convention to make integration between apps as seamless as possible. Drzewiecki should adhere to that.

That's not really the issue, one should be allowed to name the jetways as he want. The real issue we shouldn't go through all these hoops like name-matching to get the jetway data we need, the SDK should provide with a more reliable way to detect jetways and their status.

If you checked the explanation I previously referred to here, these improvements ARE coming for SU12:

jsemmel

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2022, 03:52:37 pm »
That's not really the issue, one should be allowed to name the jetways as he want. The real issue we shouldn't go through all these hoops like name-matching to get the jetway data we need, the SDK should provide with a more reliable way to detect jetways and their status.

If you checked the explanation I previously referred to here, these improvements ARE coming for SU12:

Makes sense.  Long time developer here in the Financial Industry.  We always had strict naming conventions adherence in coding. I didn't encounter SDK's personally.  Glad to know SU12 will improve integration for all 3rd party developers.