Author Topic: GSX Pro WONT UPDATE!  (Read 1592 times)

BigManToof

GSX Pro WONT UPDATE!
« on: December 22, 2022, 09:59:45 am »
So I got GSX not too long ago and for some reason the addon won't update. I have tried the offline installer, this made no difference and didn't update it further. I am trying to use GSX Pro with the PMDG 737-800. However, I cant due to the addon not being up to date. Help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 10:02:04 am by BigManToof »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Pro WONT UPDATE!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 11:12:49 am »
"Won't update" is usually related to some kind of messages in the updater/installer log window that would suggest some kind of error/problem so, please, provide with that, or at least some kind of description of what's happening during the update.

If you download the Offline installer ( it's Offline so, clearly, it must be re-downloaded at every new version ), it's just not possible it won't be able to update at least the program code, which surely includes the latest internal airplane database, which seems to be your issue, unless you also saw something suggesting it didn't run, like a message from the antivirus blocking, or something like that.

BigManToof

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 12:19:30 pm »
So when I update the addon it runs through the update absolutely fine. Then, however, when I enter the simulator no update to the addon has happened.

pete_auau

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2022, 05:48:35 am »
So when I update the addon it runs through the update absolutely fine. Then, however, when I enter the simulator no update to the addon has happened.

example  of  whats not happening  in the  sim  would  be  helpful

BigManToof

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2022, 03:33:32 pm »
So the addon runs just fine. It opens, and I can commence boarding and everything else. However, it is not compatible with aircraft such as the PMDG 737-800. No matter how many times I update it no change occurs.

I have tried the offline installer. This ,however, made no change.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2022, 06:23:30 pm »
However, it is not compatible with aircraft such as the PMDG 737-800. No matter how many times I update it no change occurs.

Since GSX is surely fully compatible with the PMDG 737-800, and it has been since a day or two after the airplane first came out, please clarify exactly what your problem is.

First thing to check would be if you are using the internal profile included in GSX for the PMDG 737-800, which is done from the airplane customization page. If it doesn't say "internal GSX database", press the RESET button, to be sure a custom profile you made or downloaded is not causing issues.

BigManToof

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2022, 11:05:37 am »
I am so sorry I have found the problem. The problem was my ativirus.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!