Author Topic: Updater could not download VS 2015-2019 vc_redist zip file from FSDT  (Read 602 times)

Delta777LR

So after a very very long time it took to factory fresh my computer, windows and fsx reinstalling, i put in the GSX and have done the update and therefor during the update, the updater couldn’t download the visual studios vc_redist zip file of the 2015-2019 universal runtimes x86 usually caused by firewall and that I can ignore it. As my antivirus and firewall are turned off during the gsx installing and updating im not understanding how that can happen as there’s no way a firewall can be still on as all firewall was knocked off. Can someone help me with this?  Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Updater could not download VS 2015-2019 vc_redist zip file from FSDT
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 12:08:10 am »
Does GSX works ? If yes, don't worry about the runtimes not downloaded, they are more like a safeguard against issues with those, but in theory you should always have them, because they come with the sim itself. If your runtimes were missing, nothing would work, and if you keep your Windows updated, you already have a newer version anyway.

Delta777LR

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 01:34:39 am »
Does GSX works ? If yes, don't worry about the runtimes not downloaded, they are more like a safeguard against issues with those, but in theory you should always have them, because they come with the sim itself. If your runtimes were missing, nothing would work, and if you keep your Windows updated, you already have a newer version anyway.

From what I tried, at first I activated the sim and put in the flight I was gonna begin at as a test before I resinstalled fsx. It comepleted with airport cache failure at first then I updated again with all antivirus and firewall off then this time it loaded successfully until minutes later it went off the Add On menu along with Couatl stuff and then reloaded again then it shut out again which never the gsx and Couatl came back on the add on menu which only the FSPUIC, Addon Manager and SODE only showed. I waited awhile to see if they would come back on but never did. Sounds to me this can be the same issue I was going through before which I hope it’s not another Simconnect problem which I went through a very fresh reinstalling on everything which took a week.

Delta777LR

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 11:50:51 am »
After doing hunts and discovery, I think I am removing my findings into the post I started last month.