Author Topic: Latest GSX Pro updates vs. Win7/FSX  (Read 920 times)

flugmatz

Latest GSX Pro updates vs. Win7/FSX
« on: December 31, 2022, 12:45:10 pm »
Hi Umberto, first of all my best wishes for the upcoming New Year. FSDT remains a great product family. Thanks for this.
Now my question: My setup is still Win7/FSX and GSX Pro works so far (thanks to your special support 6 months ago- didn't change anything since then both on the computer and the FSX elements). When I now go through the list of new features and bug fixes for GSX Pro it tingles in my fingers to install the update(s). But its risky after my experience from last summer. Would you advice to update? Any hints from other Win7-users that it is too risky?
Best wishes again
Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Latest GSX Pro updates vs. Win7/FSX
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 11:27:38 am »
As explained in all threads related to Windows 7, we don't test anything with it anymore, but we don't explicitly add code to prevent our software to work with it, if something like this ever happens, it might just caused by updates to the various runtime libraries we use that might be released by Microsoft.

The last test made under Windows 7 dates to last September, that is *after* GSX Pro came out, and it worked, provided you follow all the instructions in this post:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27687.msg181249.html#msg181249