Author Topic: Headwind A330-900 Release parking brake  (Read 3644 times)

aljina

Headwind A330-900 Release parking brake
« on: September 27, 2022, 02:19:21 pm »
Issue is brakes are release, on aircaft before push back but GSX Pro annoying alerts release brakes release brakes .. Any help to sort this issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Headwind A330-900 Release parking brake
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 10:21:40 am »
GSX message aren't obviously "annoying", they are there for a reason, to let you know when to release brakes, even if we removed the warning, it would still not work if the parking brakes status can't be read.

If an airplane has a custom parking brake system ( = doesn't use the standard variable ), it must be internally supported by GSX, otherwise it won't work. We'll add that airplane to the internal database as soon as possible.

AUA9085

• My Youtube Profile :)
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 10:51:48 am »
Hey Umberto,

any news on that? :)

BR
Bernd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 09:56:20 am »
This week update will add support for the Headwind A330 in the GSX internal database.

JRB64

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 11:05:29 am »
Hi,
I however downloaded the updates of November 11st and 15th to solve this problem. But without success, it is still impossible to leave the gate because although the brake is released, the ramp agent keeps asking me to release the brake.
are you sure that this patch has been integrated into the updates of these dates ? it doesn't work despite updates...
What is the solution ?
thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2022, 01:31:12 pm »
I however downloaded the updates of November 11st and 15th to solve this problem. But without success, it is still impossible to leave the gate because although the brake is released, the ramp agent keeps asking me to release the brake.

Assuming your report is correct, and it's asking to "release the parking brake", exactly as written, it indicates you haven't installed the update because, after the update, it's supposed to say "release Parking Brakes or Chocks", which indicates the airplane has been recognized.

are you sure that this patch has been integrated into the updates of these dates ?

Of course it has.

What is the solution ?

Check if you haven't made a custom profile BEFORE the airplane was internally supported. Custom profiles always take precedence over the internal ones, but when special features like non-standard brakes are added, you need to wait for the internal support before you can customized it.

Note that this is not necessarily valid anymore, since in a recent update, we added the ability to edit the custom parking brake expression too but, again, if you made a profile before that update, you need to remove your custom profile, so GSX will use the internal one.

JRB64

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2022, 03:49:59 pm »
OK, but what do you mean by "custom profile" or "internal profiles"

I don't think I changed anything. can you tell me what i should check ? thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2022, 05:15:22 pm »
OK, but what do you mean by "custom profile" or "internal profiles"

Quoting from the manual, Page 51:

GSX comes with several default airplane already included in its internal database, and it also includes several 3rd party add-ons but, the Airplane customization feature allow users to add any existing or future airplane to GSX. 3rd party developers can also supply their airplanes with a custom GSX profile, so it will be ready to use
with no work required.

I don't think I changed anything. can you tell me what i should check ?

Quoting from the manual, Page 52:

The topmost part of the Airplane Customization dialog will give some information about where GSX is taking data for the currently loaded airplane from.

The first lines labeled “Aircraft data available from these sources” will list all valid data sources found for this airplane, and the next line, labeled “Aircraft data used by GSX” will tell which, of the various data sources available, is used by GSX right now.

JRB64

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2022, 10:01:46 am »
Hello Umberto,
I found the solution.
I did not understand the custom config side of your answer but as you assured me that it worked and that I had not customized anything I decided to delete the acft from MSFS.
I downloaded it again and there was a new version with an update.
Reinstalled (the GSX update had already been done)........and it works.
it is all good !

thank you for taking time to try to find a solution.