Author Topic: Aerosoft EBBR and fuel vehicles.  (Read 750 times)

Dimon

Aerosoft EBBR and fuel vehicles.
« on: December 16, 2022, 09:38:23 pm »
Hello.

First time MSFS user after years with FS2004/P3D.

In Aerosoft EBBR, GSX is always sending Fuel Truck instead of a Hydrant that results in rapid fueling with PMDG 737/738. I have verified the height of the fueling point that is more than 3.4m. I have tried 4 parkings and all of them have underwound fuel reservoir.

Any idea how to fix it?
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aerosoft EBBR and fuel vehicles.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 10:39:25 pm »
In Aerosoft EBBR, GSX is always sending Fuel Truck instead of a Hydrant that results in rapid fueling with PMDG 737/738. I have verified the height of the fueling point that is more than 3.4m.

The only possible explanation, is the height is not higher than 3.40 from ground, which is what normally is if you use the configuration that comes with GSX, that places the refueling point in its realistic location, which IS lower than 3.40 from ground.

If you edited the airplane to move it outside, to force the platformed vehicles to arrive, so you are sure the height is higher than 3.40 from ground, even taking into account the airplane weight that might put it below that, even if so slightly, than you need to clarify what do you mean with "4 parkings and all of them have underwound fuel reservoir".

Do you mean you see a ground texture that comes with the scenery ? If yes, that wouldn't be enough to consider the parking to have underground refueling, since the airport textures that comes with the scenery cannot be read or understood by GSX, and there's no data in the parking specifications that will tell that.

By default, lacking any airport customization made in GSX, what makes GSX decide if a parking spot should have underground refueling or not, is the presence of a Jetway. Of course, this is just the default so, with customization you can either disable underground refueling when there's a jetway, or enable it when there isn't one.

So, assuming you are absolutely sure you edited the airplane to have the refueling point high enough with a platformed vehicle, what you are supposed to see is:

- An Hydrant, with a crew of 2, on gates that have jetways, provided the "underground refueling" property in GSX customization haven't been edited to manually disable it.

- A Fuel Tanker, with a raised platform with 1 guy on it, on parking spots in the open OR gates where the the underground refueling has been explicitly disabled.

That because both vehicles require a refueling point > 3.40.

If you are seeing something else, like a Fuel Truck with no raised platform and no crew, then it can only be because the refueling point of the airplane is < 3.40, no questions about it.

Dimon

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 04:37:02 pm »
Then I'm totally puzzled and don't know what to do.

1. Height is checked and it's 3.42 (PMDG 737-800)
2. In parking settings I have "underground refueling" checked.
3. In EBBR I opted to not select FSDT jetways, leaving the default ones.

Nevertheless, in 100% I'm getting Fuel Truck instead of Hydrant (yes, I understood your clarification correctly).

Also, the fuel truck is always stopping not under the refueling point, but under the tip of the wing, where strobes are located.

And finally, it happens in ALL add-one airports that I currently have (EDDM, EBBR, KIAD, BIKF, EFHK).

No idea what to do and where to dig in.

Thank you in advance for your help
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 02:43:28 pm by virtuali »
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 02:49:18 pm »
1. Height is checked and it's 3.42 (PMDG 737-800)

It might not be enough headroom for when the airplane is lower on ground because of the payload.

When you are editing the airplane, it's sits on its static CG, so the payload you had when editing the plane won't matter, and of course all various points are stored in the airplane profile as *relative* to the airplane reference point, also to ensure the payload when editing the airplane won't affect the stored profile.

However, when you check the heights from ground when editing the airplane, they'll have values that will be generally higher than when using the airplane, because while editing, there's no weight to compress the wheel shock absorbers.

That's why you need to give extra headroom when the threshold is so tight that would affect the choice of a vehicle based on the point's height. 2 cm extra is not nearly enough to compensate for the actual payload.