Author Topic: How to disable front stairs at deboarding?  (Read 1793 times)

Framsen

How to disable front stairs at deboarding?
« on: December 18, 2022, 06:18:34 pm »
I don't need the front stairs for Ryanair PMDG 737-800 aircraft.
So I read the manual, and figured out I have to modify to this:

[exit1]
pos = -1.63 11.40 0.47 7.10
code = (L:FwdLeftCabinDoor, number)
name = L Entry FWD
embeddedStair = -2.13 11.46 0.48 -4.35 11.78 -1.74 (L:NGXAirStairs, bool)

At the departure airport is fine, I can use the built in stairs, but after landing GSX brings the stairs for the front door again.

Is it possible to completely disable?

Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to disable front stairs at deboarding?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 02:00:19 pm »
At the departure airport is fine, I can use the built in stairs, but after landing GSX brings the stairs for the front door again.

This is normal, and it's something we'll have to improve because, while on departure, if you lower the plane own staircase and then call GSX, it can detect the staircase and not display its own, on arrival, since you select a gate in advance, GSX has no way to know in advance if you will decide to use the airplane stairs or not.

I guess we'll have to add an extra option (only visible if the airplane has embedded stairs ) when selecting a gate that will tell GSX you will use the embedded stairs this time.

airbadger

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2023, 11:16:21 pm »

I guess we'll have to add an extra option (only visible if the airplane has embedded stairs ) when selecting a gate that will tell GSX you will use the embedded stairs this time.

Any chance this is in the development queue to be added?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2023, 02:23:20 pm »
Any chance this is in the development queue to be added?

When I say "it's something we need to improve", you can automatically assume it has been added to the development queue, otherwise I would clearly say we won't.

But since it's a queue, there's no way to say exactly when it will come, because the queue is always constantly altered to face with simulator updates, users reports, issues, new sceneries/airplane released, etc.