Author Topic: Erroneous display in GSX Main Menu  (Read 957 times)

737Andi

Erroneous display in GSX Main Menu
« on: December 19, 2022, 07:55:32 pm »
Hi,

is this normal?

I'm getting this on several airports. On third party airports as well as on standard ones.

Thank you!

Best regards Andi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Erroneous display in GSX Main Menu
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 02:04:25 pm »
is this normal? I'm getting this on several airports. On third party airports as well as on standard ones.

Yes, it's normal when not using the SU10 Navdata option, because that's how the airport name is indicated in the .BGL, which is what is being used when not using the Navdata option.

The reason why airport names are stored like this in the .BGL, is because they are supposed to be translated by the sim, so they don't include the full airport name, but just a pointer to a translation table that changes depending on the language MSFS is configured to run with.

When the SU10 Navdata option is used, instead, the full name is not read from the airport .BGL file, but it's taken directly from the sim through Simconnect, so it's already passed through the localization step, so it's the full readable name.

737Andi

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 06:18:40 pm »
Thanks for your reply. Where can I enable/disable the SU10 Navdata option? Im using the Navigraph Navdata. Does that interact in any way? Thanks!

Copper

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 06:55:26 pm »
Where can I enable/disable the SU10 Navdata option?
Open the FSDT Update Installer, go to "Configure..." on the GSX entry, there is a checkbox "Use SU10 Navdata API", turn that one on.

Im using the Navigraph Navdata. Does that interact in any way?
Navigraph does not update airport layouts, so no, they are not linked. 3rd party mods/addons for airports change the airport layout (also called AFCAD), but Navigraph Navdata doesn't.

737Andi

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 07:09:24 pm »
Thanks! Found it.