Author Topic: Feature to remove AI Aircraft from Gate  (Read 1182 times)

manni2811

Feature to remove AI Aircraft from Gate
« on: December 17, 2022, 10:56:48 am »
Why did you remove this function again? I want those back.

Copper

Re: Feature to remove AI Aircraft from Gate
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 11:04:10 am »
Why did you remove this function again? I want those back.
It is still there for me. Nothing in the changelog about removing it either...

manni2811

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 11:14:44 am »
It's gone for me since the last update. Instead I now have a function to display the position of the gate.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022, 01:57:13 pm »
The function is still there where it always was: in the "Change parking/service" menu, which appears only if you call GSX after you already have a gate selected as a destination, to eventually change it, warp to it, call a follow me, remove the AI and now see the position with a pointer.

It's not available when you initially select a gate, and it never was, and it wouldn't be very useful even if it was because, when you initially select a gate and it's occupied, you'll get a question if you want to use it anyway, which will also remove the AI so, no need to have that option there, since it's included in the follow-up question.

However, we did add the "Show me this spot" there, so you can just use the menu to have a look where a gate is, without actually selecting it.

Copper

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2022, 02:04:21 pm »
It's not available when you initially select a gate, and it never was, and it wouldn't be very useful even if it was because, when you initially select a gate and it's occupied, you'll get a question if you want to use it anyway, which will also remove the AI so, no need to have that option there, since it's included in the follow-up question.
AI can spawn *after* you selected the gate (e.g. select gate during approach, AI gets spawned later on). So having a way to remove AI at any time while taxiing to the selected position would still be useful.
In fact I just did exactly that and saw the option in the menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2022, 02:28:37 pm »
AI can spawn *after* you selected the gate (e.g. select gate during approach, AI gets spawned later on). So having a way to remove AI at any time while taxiing to the selected position would still be useful.

And that's precisely why that option is only available in the "change parking" menu, which is the one that appears while you are taxiing after having selected a gate, and it's not in the initial gate selection, when there's already a subsequent question asking to do the same thing.