Author Topic: SU10 Navdata API + MK Studios GCFV  (Read 964 times)

WernerAir

SU10 Navdata API + MK Studios GCFV
« on: October 19, 2022, 04:16:36 pm »
Hi there,

I have a little bug report. The new navdata API works a charm at some airports (e.g. Simwings EDDH, which I have as a Marketplace version). Unfortunately the second airport I tried (MK Studios GCFV installed in the community folder) leads to recurring GSX/Couatl crashes until I turn off the Navdata API support. The classic version works fine.
I have a customization file from flightsim.to for this airport, but it doesn't seem to cause the problem as removing it doesn't change the behavior.
Anyway, I am attaching three files:
- the airport customization file
- a log file with navdata API support enabled, which leads to couatl crashing
- a log file with navdata API support disabled, which works fine from landing over selecting a gate to parking and deboarding

It would be great to know what is causing this, and hopefully this can help to improve the compatibility of the navdata API version with existing add-ons.
Note: I am using the latest GSX update from October 18th.

WernerAir

Re: SU10 Navdata API + MK Studios GCFV
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 05:55:35 pm »
Hi there,

I found out today that GSX no longer crashes at GCFV when using the Navdata API.
Not all is good, though, as I noticed that deboarding passengers at gate 18 seem to go to the end of the jetway at gate 19, floating over the ramp on their way there.
I attach a screenshot together with the corresponding Couatl log file, and the customization file I am using.
The scenery in use is the rendition by mk-studios.

What I would like to know is this: Under what circumstances can something like this happen, i.e. that passengers think "their" jetway is actually the one on the adjacent gate?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 06:03:33 pm »
What I would like to know is this: Under what circumstances can something like this happen, i.e. that passengers think "their" jetway is actually the one on the adjacent gate?

Have a look here, which explain the current issues of using Jetways with the SU10 Navdata ( there is a reason why we consider it Beta and don't enabled it by default ):

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28663.msg187336.html#msg187336

WernerAir

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 06:06:01 pm »
OK, I guess we'll have to be patient for a bit then...