Author Topic: GSX Menu didn‘t show any Text, only „File Option #“  (Read 4383 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Menu didn‘t show any Text, only „File Option #“
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2022, 03:46:57 pm »
Yes, I have installed all fsdt files into a diirectory, my user can access

That's not enough, the installer must also set registry keys in the correct user account in order for the code to work.

You must be sure the user account you run the installer with, is the same as the one you use the sim with, which generally means your user account cannot have limited permissions.

sn0w1

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2022, 03:51:41 pm »
I have a normal user account but it worked fine before i clicked pdate a few days aggo, i also just uupdated it again and got this error message

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2022, 03:56:03 pm »
I have a normal user account but it worked fine before i clicked pdate a few days aggo, i also just uupdated it again and got this error message

That message can happen because of any of these:

1) You started the updater when the simulator was still running, or too quickly after it closed.

2) The updater will try to close Couatl .exe automatically precisely to prevent this, but your antivirus or your limited account permissions might prevent it to do that

3) Your antivirus might prevent to do that

4) You might not have access to that folder, which is not obviously normal, since our installer explicitely grant access to all users in system when it's run

So, you might try to restart Windows, manually remove the %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali folder and run the FSDT Uninstaller again, which might restore correct permissions in case something in your user account permissions changed.

If that doesn't work, the problem is likely the antivirus.

sn0w1

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2022, 04:00:05 pm »
I have to put in the admin password if i run the installer so it's running with admin rights, i have no antivirus active and the installer installs it and shows that it's working

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2022, 04:07:43 pm »
I have to put in the admin password if i run the installer so it's running with admin rights, i have no antivirus active and the installer installs it and shows that it's working

That's exactly the problem I explained before: if you are required to enter a password, it's because your user doesn't have admin rights, so you are now running the installer as as DIFFERENT user ( the administrator, not you ), which means the installer is setting the required registry keys to another user (the administrator, not you), so when you run the program, the keys are not found in your user registry, making the menu not working.

If, instead, your regular user account has already admin rights, the installer will just *use* them when it runs, so it will set the registry to your user, which is the same as you run the program with.

You can try changing the properties for Addon Manager\Couatl64\Couatl64_MSFS.EXE to run As Admin.

If that doesn't work, your only option is just GIVE your regular user Admin rights, and run the FSDT Universal Installer again, so it can create the correct registry keys in your normal user account.

sn0w1

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2022, 04:17:39 pm »
GSX is loading in and the registry key is in my a directory of my user account since i manuually copied it there when i installed GSX the first time and it didnt activate the license, i can also click the buttons of the menu and the voice comes with the thing i just clicked, it's just that it says "File Option" instead of Boarding etc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2022, 04:30:11 pm »
it's just that it says "File Option" instead of Boarding etc

And as I've said, the one and only possible reason why it says that, is your registry keys are not correct, not set for the user you are currently running it. DO NOT manually copy things and do not try to fix things in ways different than I said to do.

As I've said, you can EITHER:

- Try changing the properties for Addon Manager\Couatl64\Couatl64_MSFS.EXE to run As Admin.

OR

- GIVE your regular user Admin rights, and run the FSDT Universal Installer again, so it can create the correct registry keys in your normal user account.