Author Topic: How to clean unisntall GSX pro  (Read 1991 times)

CXbusdriver

How to clean unisntall GSX pro
« on: December 11, 2022, 03:01:39 am »
Hello,

So a few days ago, my computer rebooted itself (unrelated) in the middle of gsxpro update. And since then I kept getting CTDs when I spawn at gates in 3rd party sceneries (works fine if I spawn in default airport that dont have scenery). I am suspecting that some gsxpro files is corrupted because when I spawn in the same airport, at the remote stand, everything works fine.

Therefore, I was wondering is there some sort of guide to how to completely uninstall gsxpro? I have already uninstalled in on the FSDT installer, but the CTD is still occuring.

Thank you so much for the help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to clean unisntall GSX pro
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 05:05:37 pm »
Therefore, I was wondering is there some sort of guide to how to completely uninstall gsxpro? I have already uninstalled in on the FSDT installer, but the CTD is still occuring.

If GSX is not linked to the Community folder, which is what normally happens when you uninstall it ( or even if you just unlink it ), there's no way it would still have an effect on MSFS, so your CTDs must be caused by something else.

Note that, GSX doesn't change ANY file belonging to the simulator, everything that comes with GSX, is confined inside the dedicated FSDT Addon Manager folder, without a link to this folder to the Community folder, is exactly as if the program was never there.

The only thing that MIGHT possibly cause this, might be the WASM cache, located here:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro (  MS Version )
%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro\ ( Steam version )

Removing these, should remove every trace of GSX in the sim, although I expected the simulator won't try to use a WASM cached file for a package that has been unlinked.

CXbusdriver

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2022, 02:18:51 pm »
Hmm, thanks for the reply! It appears that I have removed every single possible trace of GSXpro that I could think of. I have also reverted the sim back to its vanilla state and reinstalled it, but there is still something wrong with MSFS2020. It appears that it only happens when I spawn at jetbridges equipped gates (in 3rd party sceneries). My friend also had the same version of scenery (we both redownloaded from the store again), but CTD only happens on my side. The reason I suspect that it was GSXpro causing CTDs since between both of our sims, only mine has GSXpro and it is only happening when I spawn in jetbridges.

Do you mind pointing me in the direction of the WASM cached file you mentioned? I have ranout of options to debug the cause of CTD, perhaps deleting it helps.

Also, I wasn't sure this is worth mentioning before the CTD happens, I have accidentally quite the FSDT live update in the middle of updating the GSXpro (perhaps that caused some corrupted files?). The windows event viewer is showing the following error (where google says that its related to some corupted files?):
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000025cff09
Faulting process id: 0x4764
Faulting application start time: 0x01d90c4e208f2e50

Anyway, I am sorry for coming off as very desperate. Thank you for your time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 03:28:41 pm »
Do you mind pointing me in the direction of the WASM cached file you mentioned? I have ranout of options to debug the cause of CTD, perhaps deleting it helps.

My previous message indicated exactly that.

My friend also had the same version of scenery (we both redownloaded from the store again), but CTD only happens on my side. The reason I suspect that it was GSXpro causing CTDs since between both of our sims, only mine has GSXpro and it is only happening when I spawn in jetbridges.

You are making a big assumption here: just because there's one difference ( GSX Pro )you know between these two systems and you are using the same scenery, doesn't mean there might be lots of other differences in your two installations you don't know of that might be the real cause of a CTD.

And not only that: you said it only happens with you spawn on Jetways but, just spawning somewhere, it not enough to make GSX start. You must call it first and, GSX replacement Jetways won't even appear on 3rd party airports, since the GSX installer will automatically disable all ICAO were an add-on airport is installed so, even in the unlikely case a corrupted GSX jetway object caused this, you are not even supposed to have those on 3rd party airports.

And of course, all of this is completely irrelevant when GSX Pro is UNLINKED from the Community folder, since the simulator won't see anything belonging to it in that case.

Also, I wasn't sure this is worth mentioning before the CTD happens, I have accidentally quite the FSDT live update in the middle of updating the GSXpro (perhaps that caused some corrupted files?).

As I've said, whatever problem happened during the FSDT update, even if you hypothetically had each and every file from GSX corrupted, it won't affect the sim as long it's not linked anymore to the Community folder

So, other than clearing the GSX WASM cache, which is the only thing I can think of that might remain in MSFS after unlinking GSX, if that still doesn't fix your CTD, it's 100% proven those are NOT caused by GSX.