Author Topic: Replacement Jetway is floating 10 meters above the apron  (Read 910 times)

Flying Dutchman

Replacement Jetway is floating 10 meters above the apron
« on: December 09, 2022, 01:42:23 pm »
I made an exclude file for gate B3 at EDDH Hamburg Airport (SimWings). No problem, the default Jetway has gone. I configured a new Jetway, but when I click apply, I see the new Jetway floating 10 meters above the apron. When I use the configuration keys, the new Jetway is on ground level again en I can move the Jetway in all directions. But when I click apply, the Jetway goes floating again. Restarting the sim doesn't help. I fly P3D 5.3 HF2. FSDT products are updated to the most recent version.

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 02:01:29 pm by Flying Dutchman »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Replacement Jetway is floating 10 meters above the apron
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 02:43:35 pm »
Does it happen on another airport ? Try add a jetway to a default airport, as a test.

Flying Dutchman

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 05:38:59 pm »
Hello Umberto, thank you very much for your quick reply. I did 3 tests.

1. EDDB Berlin, default P3D airport. Gate 56 has a jetway which has been automatically been replaced by the SODE jetway by GSX. So I couldn't make an exclude file for it / it was not neccessary to make an exclude file. I could easily change the jetway in another model. I also tried gate 42 and gate 55, which don't has jetways (ramp parkings). I could easily create SODE jetways here. No floating jetways.

2. EGLL London Heathrow. Also a SimWings airport. I could make an exclude file for gate 217. When checking the checkbox 'Exclude Jetway' the standard SODE Jetway appears. After compiling the exclude file and restarting P3D, I could easily change the jetway model in whatever I wanted. No floating jetways.

3. EDDH Hamburg. New try, this time at gate B2. When checking the checkbox 'Eclude Jetway' the standard SODE Jetway appears, so at this moment I have two jetways at the same gate. The SODE jetway is not floating. After closing P3D, compiling the exclude file and restarting P3D on EDDH, gate B2, I see a floating jetway. I can apply another model, but it keeps floating. So it seems that it has something to do with the SimWings EDDH scenery.

I changed the AFCAD in order to create a preferred arrival parking place for my VoxATC addon. I will do a fourth test with the original AFCAD and post the results on this forum.

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands

Flying Dutchman

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 09:03:33 pm »
As expected.....same problem with the original AFCAD.

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands