Author Topic: VDGS Display Error  (Read 2528 times)

Erwin06

VDGS Display Error
« on: August 19, 2022, 08:15:43 pm »
It's a small issue, but I think it worths mentionning.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: VDGS Display Error
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 08:18:25 pm »
This might possibly be a result of too much traffic over Simconnect. Does it go away or it comes back, if you Restart GSX ?

Erwin06

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 09:01:54 pm »
You're right it worked ! I have a question however : why the ETD on the VDGS is always 20 min more than my departure time in Simbrief ?

aal763

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 10:26:31 pm »
Because GSX is pulling your Wheels up time from Simbrief and not gate departure time.  This needs to be fixed in GSX.  I'm sure Umberto will make note of it.  He's really good at updating his products.

Erwin06

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 10:44:28 am »
I've done some testing and I think I've isolated the issue. If I start a flight in the sim, restart couatl (else I can't open GSX menu, there is always the message "Couatl engine has not started"), open the GSX menu and select anything the VDGS works correctly. However, if I click on "reposition aircraft" and select an action (boarding, refueling or catering) there is this problem. The workaround is to click on Reset position and everything works well after. The VDGS doesn't like that my position changes suddenly. It could be good if this was fixed because it demands a lot of steps :
- start the sim
- restart couatl
- open GSX menu and "reposition aircraft"
- open GSX menu and "reset position"
- open GSX menu and select ...
It's 5 minutes of handlings that could be saved...

Thank you for your response aal763, I just don't understand the difference even after googling it. The ETD I choose on simbrief corresponds at the time the airplane leaves the ground right ? I don't understand how the VDGS could indicate something that happens 20 min after. If it were 10 minutes before takeoff I would understand since pushback and taxi can take time, but 20 min after I don't. Like you said, it will probably be fixed.

Erwin06

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 12:21:38 pm »
I also want to report a visual bug. When I reset the position the text that shouldn't be there disappears then returns.
I have a question : How can we remove the text above the VDGS ? I don't understand its purpose since the VDGS already guides the plane...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 12:23:29 pm by Erwin06 »

virtualstuff

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2022, 09:33:16 pm »
I also want to report a visual bug. When I reset the position the text that shouldn't be there disappears then returns.
I have a question : How can we remove the text above the VDGS ? I don't understand its purpose since the VDGS already guides the plane...
Same here  :o

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2022, 10:04:55 am »
How can we remove the text above the VDGS ? I don't understand its purpose since the VDGS already guides the plane...

The "Marshaller Distance Readout" option in the settings, is valid for all kind of Parking systems.

sidfadc

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2022, 08:07:14 pm »
My safedocks don't work either properly, meaning they show the Gate number I'm at but I don't see TTD or any scrolling messages (it used to work).  Can't pin this down to a specific safedock or airport, just doesn't seem to work full stop.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2022, 10:14:39 pm »
My safedocks don't work either properly, meaning they show the Gate number I'm at but I don't see TTD or any scrolling messages (it used to work). 

You probably haven't the latest update, which fixed exactly that.