Author Topic: Stuck on front cargo hold (PMDG 737)  (Read 1130 times)

AirBorne

Stuck on front cargo hold (PMDG 737)
« on: December 03, 2022, 09:13:22 am »
It's been days since the boarding/loading and disembarking/unloading process gets stuck and I have to reset COUATL in order to request pushback. Apparently the luggage train stays in place, the front cargo door never gets opened and it stays like that forever. The rear cargo area procedures run just fine, the problem seems to be only related to the forward one. GSX Pro is up to date. Anything I am missing and/or should try to fix this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stuck on front cargo hold (PMDG 737)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 07:09:56 pm »
Have you maybe closed the GSX Toolbar menu in the middle of servicing, something you shouldn't do while using GSX, as explained at Page 74 of the manual ?

This is now your normal workflow should be:

• Open the GSX menu from the Toolbar icon when first starting Ground services .
• Don’t close it from the Toolbar while Ground services are performed, always use the Hot-key or the X icon to close the menu.
• Close the menu using the Toolbar icon when you are done with Ground services, usually before take-off.

In brief, the Toolbar Icon should always be left Active while Ground services are required.

AirBorne

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 07:11:02 am »
Certainly not, no reason for closing GSX. When I click the menu item the window closes by itself, which I think is a good thing.
I've reinstalled after a total clean-up but now the problem is that the window won't stay open. No matter if called via the button on top or the keys combination, it shows up and than hides from the screen almost immediately.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 09:25:45 am »
Certainly not, no reason for closing GSX. When I click the menu item the window closes by itself, which I think is a good thing.

That's normal, if you click an item or the X icon or just wait some time, the menu will close. Well, not exactly, it will hide. Instead, when you close it from the Toolbar icon, it will really close, meaning it won't respond anymore, even if the GSX code needed a menu, unless you open it again.

I've reinstalled after a total clean-up

You reinstalled what, exactly ? GSX or the sim ? A total clean up of what ? GSX, the sim, or both ?

AirBorne

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 10:08:21 am »
Since I hide the upper menu bar (and never use it) the hotkey combination solution works the best to me, just like it used to be on P3D, FSX, etc. If it was possible not to use the GSX button on the upper menu bar and always use the hotkey combination I would prefer that way.
I've reinstalled GSX and everything related to it (installer/addon manager), that seems to have solved the luggage loading/unloading glitch. But then another issue begun, which I've mentioned in another topic, which is the fact that sometimes the GSX screen won't stay open. I shows up as loading but then a second later it vanishes again. Nothing that I try to do seems to solve this.
And one other thing, how do I prevent the "voices" from showing up? I've tried many combinations of settings, including reducing the sound volumes all to zero, but the voices remain being said everytime.
Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2022, 10:36:05 am »
Since I hide the upper menu bar (and never use it) the hotkey combination solution works the best to me, just like it used to be on P3D, FSX, etc.

That was the point: to have it working as closely as possible as it used to be. But not only that: it's the only workflow that works correctly, because closing the Toolbar icon while using GSX will result, at best, having to unnecessarily click twice to reopen it, but with some services that requires menus to pop-up after some time ( Pushback, Refuel and Deice ), it will just result in GSX malfunctioning, because it required the Toolbar to be active.

If it was possible not to use the GSX button on the upper menu bar and always use the hotkey combination I would prefer that way.

That's currently not possible: in order to have the menu respond to keys, its JS code needs to be running, but the moment you close the GSX icon from the Toolbar, the menu JS code stops being executed, losing the ability to intercept keys until you reopen it again.

I've mentioned in another topic, which is the fact that sometimes the GSX screen won't stay open. I shows up as loading but then a second later it vanishes again. Nothing that I try to do seems to solve this.

I've seen a couple of reports, but without clear reproduction steps, it's difficult to work at it, since I haven't been able to reproduce it yet. From the log I've seen, it seems the menu got called twice in a fast succession, as if it was called again while it was still opening, at least that's what the log means, but I would need to have logs to confirm this is your case too.

And one other thing, how do I prevent the "voices" from showing up? I've tried many combinations of settings, including reducing the sound volumes all to zero, but the voices remain being said everytime.

Have you tied unchecking the "Play Audio Warnings" option in the Sound Settings ?