Author Topic: Can we have an option to disable the 'we have a good engine start audio'  (Read 2282 times)

jonz747

Is it possible for the above as when pushing back in icing conditions, you dont get the go ahead to start the plane until the tug has detached and they ask you to put on parking brakes after pushback where the audio follows that you have a good engine start. It just kills the immersion to hear we have a good engine start when the engines arent running then for gsx to then come back and say cleared to start engines

dreampilot

Re: Can we have an option to disable the 'we have a good engine start audio'
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 04:24:56 pm »
I experienced the same.
I would even go one step further. Just get rid of the 'we have a good engine start' audio completely. It's not matching my voice, lol. I guess you know what I mean. I think we don't need that sound.

disco79stu

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 09:50:08 am »
+1
But alreday discussed several times here and unfortunately it’s Umberto‘s opinion that it INCREASES the immersion so they won‘t erase that one.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22771.msg153231.html#msg153231

You could however just delete the we_have_good_engine_start.wav to get rid of the sound. Be aware that it will be back again after every update though…

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 09:59:21 am »
But alreday discussed several times here and unfortunately it’s Umberto‘s opinion that it INCREASES the immersion so they won‘t erase that one.

You quoted a message from 2 years ago, and left out the most important part: there's a "Good engine start confirmation" option in the Setting that disables the whole step altogether, making your suggestion of removing the sound completely useless, since it would stop the voice, but surely not the menu.

Quoting from the manual, Page 27:

Good Engine Start confirmation
This setting control if you want to perform the extra step of having to confirm a good engine start before completing the Pushback. By default is enabled, but you might want to disable it here, to save some time.

disco79stu

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 04:34:04 pm »
Not sure I understand. As far as I know, this option only turns off the NECESSITY to actively confirm the good engine start, it will not disable the automatic sound that is always played after p/b is set after pushback.
I have the confirm engine start option unticked and still get the sound from the captain every time....
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 04:37:09 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 04:38:45 pm »
Not sure I understand. As far as I know, this option only turns off the NECESSITY to actively confirm the good engine start, it will not disable the automatic sound that is always played after p/b is set after pushback.

Sorry, I thought the annoying process was the menu and the necessity itself, never thought somebody might be annoyed by the sound itself, which is there to give a feedback the procedure did go ahead.

dreampilot

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2022, 05:15:42 pm »
I'm personally okay with the process of confirming good engine start. I see it makes sense, especially on aircraft with longer start sequence like quads. For me it's really the sound I could do without.

kakugo

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2022, 06:01:26 pm »
In general I don't mind the "good engine start" message, but as GSX informs the pilot that due to icing conditions the engines must be started only after the pushback is finished, it should refrain from giving the message in this situation. It just doesn't make any sense, also because it gives it before the engine start has started.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2022, 06:09:47 pm »
In general I don't mind the "good engine start" message, but as GSX informs the pilot that due to icing conditions the engines must be started only after the pushback is finished, it should refrain from giving the message in this situation. It just doesn't make any sense, also because it gives it before the engine start has started.

Icing condition is a completely separate issue, which will check.

jonz747

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2022, 12:47:32 pm »

The option to disable just means that you don't have to manually confirm it as you've correctly mentioned. Once the brakes are set, it automatically says it whether the engines are started or not. If you have the option to confirm, the tug doesn't release until you confirm which in icing conditions you have to do before starting which then plays the good engine start though all engines are off

Commander_KK

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2023, 04:44:57 pm »
any news on that? On icing conditions you still get the "good engines start" by the captain although I did not start the engines as I told by Ground

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2023, 04:57:25 pm »
any news on that? On icing conditions you still get the "good engines start" by the captain although I did not start the engines as I told by Ground

Any news about any changes will appear in the release notes.

MediumRareBaku

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2023, 08:26:10 pm »
Would love to have the option to disable the good engine start audio in all situations, but especially after you get told not to start engines because of ice.

aseinsha

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2023, 02:16:31 am »
Just find the audio file and delete it from Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\sounds\gsx

ibeam

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2023, 04:25:01 am »
I like it.  It can happen automatically or manually.  This is a real life call as the push supervisor will not disconnect from the aircraft without the pilots approval.  This is the way it should be and is nicely implemented.