Author Topic: GSX Pro shows "gate available" but FSLTL is busy  (Read 1717 times)

ObiTwo

GSX Pro shows "gate available" but FSLTL is busy
« on: October 08, 2022, 02:32:16 pm »
Hello,

After landing, I use "Follow me" because to direct me to a gate displayed "available" but when I arrive the place is occupied by an aircraft placed by FSLTL which gives very realistic traffic.

Is there a solution to "empty" the gate offered by GSX Pro "available"?

Thanks in advance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Pro shows "gate available" but FSLTL is busy
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 02:35:43 pm »
GSX won't automatically switch gate if an AI took it while you were taxing, but you can do it yourself, but opening the menu before entering the gate, choose the option to Change the gate choose the same one.  It will alert your gate is occupied, but it will ask if you want to use it anyway, and will kill the AI should you decide to do so.

Although, in real life you would probably have to choose another gate, which of course is always possible.

ObiTwo

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2022, 11:14:22 am »
-
Thank you very much!

a2h

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 10:15:20 am »
It will alert your gate is occupied, but it will ask if you want to use it anyway, and will kill the AI should you decide to do so.

I have the same problem, of course it is an acceptable solution to pick another gate. In my case I use my own customized GSX profiles but I only have 3-4 highly customized positions at some big airports. Of course FSLTL has to occupy all of them and the kill by GSX does work but FSLTL or Microsoft's AI logic just adds the AI aircraft seconds later. And it does that every single time I try to kill it (from FSLTL menu).

I understand there is not really anything GSX can do about it because it is rather a MSFS AI or FSLTL problem?
MSFS Microsoft Marketplace Version
----
GSX Pro, My replacement assistance trucks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 10:58:32 am »
Today's update added a new option available while taxiing: if you notice your gate has been taken, you can just remove the AI without having to reselect the gate.

a2h

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2022, 01:38:42 am »
Today's update added a new option available while taxiing: if you notice your gate has been taken, you can just remove the AI without having to reselect the gate.

I just tested, it works perfect now, thank you!
MSFS Microsoft Marketplace Version
----
GSX Pro, My replacement assistance trucks