Author Topic: Problem with custom jetway height  (Read 2256 times)

avduarri

Problem with custom jetway height
« on: December 05, 2022, 12:44:20 pm »
Hello,

I tried to set a custom jetway height for the Inibuilds LEIB airport following the instructions in the GSX manual, but looks like is ignoring my custom height.
I've got the height using fake pax waypoints (as suggested in the manual) and after that deleting the pax waypoint. (see screenshot 1)
I've edited the .INI file inserting the suggested text in the manual and using the jetway name as shown in the Inibuild Scenery folder, (see screenshot 2)
The result is shown in screenshot 3, where the passengers are not following the new custom height.

Am I missing something?

Thank you for your help.

mskhan1991

Re: Problem with custom jetway height
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 03:23:43 pm »
Same issue with my jetways. Still awaiting the developers reply, fingers crossed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 04:16:17 pm »
From your screenshot, it seems you copy & pasted the section name from the manual, and that resulted in extra spaces added to it. We haven't set any extra spaces to the name in the manual, but for some weird reason when it is exported from Acrobat, the PDF contains spaces that are copied in the clipboard.

If you set the section name correctly, without spaces:

[jetway_rootfloor_heights]

I'm sure it will work.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 12:09:05 pm by virtuali »

avduarri

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 06:44:19 pm »
True, I copied the text from the manual and I didn't realize the spaces.

Thank you! It's working like a charm now.

romaf12008

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2022, 10:33:13 pm »
And I don't get

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2022, 10:55:33 am »
And I don't get

Are you sure the jetway in your screenshot is one of the 4 you set a custom height ? Are those 4 the only models in the whole scenery that have that height ? If a jetway is not listed there, GSX will use the default 4.60 meters value.

Also, you set the same height for all 4 models, but doing that they way you did would be required only in case the scenery has many other jetways, which ALL work using the default 4.60 mt. height, EXCEPT for exactly those 4, which are higher. In this case, it's ok what you did, so you maybe just missed that model.

If, instead, most of the jetways in a scenery have an single height which is DIFFERENT than default, it would have been much easier and better to do it like this:

iniscene_leib_jetway = 6.36

This way, with a single line you can "catch" ALL jetways that have a name that contains that string ( partial matching ), and if you have few others with a different height, you can add the exceptions as extra lines using their full name
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 12:05:48 pm by virtuali »

romaf12008

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2022, 08:45:10 am »
I don't understand, I did as you suggested. Nothing has changed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2022, 12:07:25 pm »
I don't understand, I did as you suggested. Nothing has changed

I see the problem, the name is jetway_rootfloor_heights,  I typed it wrong here, but the manual is correct and has the name of the section as jetway_rootfloor_heights. I edited my previous post, for future reference.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 12:10:22 pm by virtuali »

romaf12008

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2022, 12:21:32 pm »
Oh yes, everything works now! Thank you!

FerrevmVnion

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2023, 09:55:42 am »
You should remove the spaces in the manual

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2023, 01:33:01 pm »
You should remove the spaces in the manual

There's no space in the manual, it's just an artifact caused by the InDesign PDF exporter with that particular font, we'll check if it might be possible to fix it by using a different font.

kano

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2023, 08:12:20 am »
Hi

I have similar problem and I struggle to fix it, need help...
Using ZUNZ freeware from Kui (flightsim.to), jetway 4. There are 3 issues:

• from aircraft to the bridge, pax start properly and bit by bit start to show feet through the floor.
  • Bridge no pax. When I sue the pax waypoints, when I try to adjust their height, all of a sudden, randomly, the point jumps 20 ms or so up or down forth or back, depends the movement.
  • If I manage to place the paxpoints, at the joint between jetway and bridge, pax go up 2-3 ms, and then down to the bridge again and walk normally to the end.

I use:
lzsh_jetway_t2_1 = 4.70

Doing this, the pax walk reasonable levelled through the bridge (if the heights didn't play funny, I guess I could adjust better), but the problem in the jetway persists (not sure if the 4.7 should fix that or just the bridge).

Last, I'm not sure if the jeyway adjust properly enough to the aircraft (737 pmdg), but I don't know how to fix that.

Also noticed once, that if I only place the gatepax point, so just one, pax walk better than with the two points, is that expected?

By the way, is good fun fiddling around to fix things, (it would be even better if I manage to fix! ;D)

Thanks in advance

Kano