Author Topic: Stop while taxiing at KLAX "Please stop engines"  (Read 772 times)

glc100o

Stop while taxiing at KLAX "Please stop engines"
« on: December 05, 2022, 06:54:19 pm »
I landed at KLAX default on 24R and used GSX Pro to choose gate 70A, and declined follow me. The gate is a long ways away. After taxiing awhile I realized that the default KLAX does not have gate signs like FSDT P3D version and I would have trouble finding the gate. I stopped, and requested follow me for the rest of the way. After stopping I started getting " Please turn off engines" or some variant of such. Once follow me arrived I followed to the gate with no problem, but every few seconds GSX asked me to turn off engines.

Looks almost like my full stop to call for follow me was interpreted as arriving at the gate. Had error log running, but unfortunately it was overwritten when I briefly launched MSFS to look at some other issue. Maybe having the ability to keep two logs would be useful.
Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stop while taxiing at KLAX "Please stop engines"
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 06:57:12 pm »
Where you stopped to wait for the Follow me ? If you stopped in the range of another parking, GSX assumed you were parked.

glc100o

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 07:02:55 pm »
Yes I was fully stopped while waiting. I was several terminals away from my selected gate though. like maybe half a mile. But probably near another terminal with gates but not the one I selected.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 07:07:43 pm »
The problem is not being fully stopped. In fact, it's best to be fully stopped while waiting for the Follow me.

The only thing that matters is your position, and GSX will consider you to be parked in all cases where you are stopped in a parking spot range, regardless if it was the one you selected or any other parking.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 11:23:14 am by virtuali »

glc100o

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2022, 08:12:12 pm »
OK thanks. Understood.