Author Topic: Fenix Passenger Loading Time  (Read 1058 times)

rjack1282

Fenix Passenger Loading Time
« on: December 02, 2022, 01:36:47 pm »
I'm using default Fenix aircraft profile, spawn into an airport (I've tried several, iniScene LAX for example), the SimBrief plan is properly read, and I click start boarding.  The jetway begins to connect and before it's fully connected I get a message that passenger boarding has started.  I do not get the prompt about loading pilots and crew like with PMDG or previously with the Fenix.  Then, the passengers board in like 10 seconds...all 160 of them but the baggage loading seems to take the full amount of time.  I have loading set to Dense.

This behavior seems to have started after the Nov 25th update but I'm not sure.  I haven't made any other changes except the small MSFS updates since SU11 came out.  Boarding for the other aircraft still performs as expected.

Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fenix Passenger Loading Time
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 02:50:33 pm »
Nothing has changed in the GSX update, when the passengers is going fast, it's ALWAYS due to the jetway not being connected, which usually means it hasn't been detected as docked.

You just need to be sure that:

- You disable the automatic jetway connection in the Fenix EFB

- If you are using the SU10 Navdata, and the gate you are in has DOUBLE jetways, sometimes it's impossible for GSX to detect the correct jetway, because it sees two jetways with the same name, and the static one might be the closest to you, but since the current Navdata doesn't give us the jetway position, there's no way to fix this, until the Navdata update, scheduled for SU12.

In the meantime, the only way to be sure that gates with double jetways are always detected correctly, is to Disable the SU10 Navdata and use the airport cache, because when we read the .BGL, we DO have the jetway position. However, that won't work with Marketplace airports, of course.