Author Topic: FSDT Universal Installer / GSX Pro Installation issues on Win11 Pro / MSFS2020  (Read 2417 times)

The_swiss_Simaviator

Dear Community,

I just bought the GSX PRO Add On for the MSFS yesterday. I tried to install it on my system, but somehow, it seems to have several issues:
> As necessary, I downloaded the FSDT Universal Installer from their website (https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html).
It added three icons to my desktop: The installer, the updater and Coutal. However, the installer and updater icon were as you expect them to be, the coutal one didn't had a picture, just a "standard" installation icon, as Microsoft has it in their database.

> After the setup and installation tool of the FSDT Universal Installer finished, it automatically opened the program. It discovered correctly, that I own MSFS (Steam Version) and also correctly found the location of the "Community Folder". Therefore I wanted to install GSX pro. As I clicked on the installation button, I was asked to provide the Key, what I did, an the program startet do download several files (I guess about 5-6 files). As it startet with the step "creating ZIP" (or something like that), the program suddenly seemed to abrupt the installation, as nothing happened anymore, the bars at the bottom disappeared. However, whists hovering over the program, the mouse showed as a spinning wheel and next to the GSX Pro Add On was still the "install" button. It showed, that the Add On was activated, but noting more.

> I also checked the MSFS Community Folder and no files for the GSX Pro Add On were to be found there.

> As by a quick internet search, I found a suggestion to uninstall and delete all the files and reinstall it. I first deactivated the licence in the installer and uninstalled it afterwards. Following, I deletet the whole Addon Manager folder and the Virtuali Folder, located in the AppData file system. After that I reinstalled the whole Installer from the FSDT Website (see link above), however, the same happened again. I did the same procedure another two times - always with the same result.

Can anyone help me, how I can install the GSX Pro Add on and get it running?
Thank you very much for your support!

System Information:
- Win11 Pro V 22H2 (64-Bit)
- Intel Core i9-9900K
- 32 GB Ram
- MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super
- > 1TB of free disk space

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
As it startet with the step "creating ZIP" (or something like that), the program suddenly seemed to abrupt the installation, as nothing happened anymore, the bars at the bottom disappeared. However, whists hovering over the program, the mouse showed as a spinning wheel and next to the GSX Pro Add On was still the "install" button. It showed, that the Add On was activated, but noting more.

It's normal to take a while to uncompress the ZIP file, and during this time, the cursor will be a spinning wheel. What is supposed to happen, after a few minutes, is the program should ASK if you want to save the package files for the next installation, and then it will proceed with downloading and installing the 2nd package, exactly like the first one, first downloading the ZIP parts, then uncompressing them and finally asking if you want to save this package files as well.

First, try to be sure the antivirus is not interfering, by adding the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS, then try to reinstall again.

The_swiss_Simaviator

Thank you very much for your fast response!
I just tried to install the program with the Antivirus deactivated and it worked. Thank you for the help!
Additionally, I put the "Addon Manager" folder and the associated programs on the AV's exclusion list.

Best wishes!