Author Topic: I thought we had control over the type of units GSX uses?  (Read 1603 times)

SgtMav316

I thought we had control over the type of units GSX uses?
« on: August 22, 2022, 11:48:11 pm »
in the older versions of GSX wasnt there a setting to allow us to select which type of Air Stair unit, Pushback Vehicle, Gas truck, or PAX bus that GSX would use at specific airports? to be honest i have always had a pet peeve againt the air stairs that moved into position not connected to a tow vehicle and those ancient yellow and green PAX transport buses not updated to more modern airport buses. In some airports I would like to be able to cancel the bus when requestinbg boarding and just have passengers walk out of terminal to the aircraft like at TIST St.Thomas King Intl airport

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I thought we had control over the type of units GSX uses?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 11:51:27 pm »
in the older versions of GSX wasnt there a setting to allow us to select which type of Air Stair unit, Pushback Vehicle, Gas truck, or PAX bus that GSX would use at specific airports?

No, you never had that.

to be honest i have always had a pet peeve againt the air stairs that moved into position not connected to a tow vehicle

This is surely planned.

and those ancient yellow and green PAX transport buses not updated to more modern airport buses.

You mean the Neoplan bus ? Some users complained about being too fancy, and in most airports they use older models.

SgtMav316

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 12:00:32 am »
Yea those Neopolian buses buses have been in GSX for the longest, i think (no offense) they look ugly. I like the PAX buses that pop when in Frankfurt Airport I guess exclusively. Is there a way in a future update we can have more buses like those without the the Frankfurt markings on them?

Hmm Odd I thought we did have that oh well I guess I have to deal with it!

It would be nice to see those airstairs that deploy have some sort of vehicle with a driver in it pull it to the plane. Currently we see the tow bar looking like its been pulled by something then the tow bar drop to the ground when the stairs are in position.

Then there was the pushback vehicles utilizing the wrong models on large planes. Sorry for being so damn picky, now that this is working properly Its these little nothings that stand out crimping the enjoyment but I cant really complain because I see passengers boarding now and I really missed that!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 12:14:02 am »
Then there was the pushback vehicles utilizing the wrong models on large planes. Sorry for being so damn picky, now that this is working properly Its these little nothings that stand out crimping the enjoyment but I cant really complain because I see passengers boarding now and I really missed that!

You can be as picky as you like, but I ask in return to be picky also in your bug reports. If you think the wrong pushback truck appeared, please indicate precisely:

- the model that appeared

- the airplane used

- the airplane total weight when you activated the services.

Airplane changing weight might be a factor, since vehicles are chosen when you activate a gate so, if your weight was low enough to allow for a lower-class truck to appear, it was correct to appear but, if then loading the airplane would put it over the threshold where that truck would be, it's not as if we destroy or send away a vehicle after it has been chosen, also because the weight might change at any time in the sim, it's not as if the sim could prevent you from changing the airplane weight at any time, even in the middle of a pushback so, an ever dynamical selection couldn't be made.

SgtMav316

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 01:19:27 am »
you already stated that the B737 will always get the tow it does with the push arm due to the larger one would crash into the nose of the aircraft.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 01:50:03 am »
you already stated that the B737 will always get the tow it does with the push arm due to the larger one would crash into the nose of the aircraft.

I don't understand what do you mean.

In any case then yes, the 737 will never get the towbarless version, but mostly because its CABIN its too high, and will crash in to the lower part of the airplane nose.

We'll add a SMALLER version of the towbarless ( we already had it in FSX, we just want to redo the whole model from scratch ), which has arms, but it's much smaller, so it can be used on smaller planes.

rsaberi

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2022, 10:30:29 am »
is it currently possible to disable the tow truck all together? There are many airports with parking stalls that don't need a tow truck and planes can move forward without them. It would be nice if we could disable the tow truck for those stalls and not have anything show up!

MobsterBug

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2022, 10:57:09 pm »
Yea those Neopolian buses buses have been in GSX for the longest, i think (no offense) they look ugly. I like the PAX buses that pop when in Frankfurt Airport I guess exclusively. Is there a way in a future update we can have more buses like those without the the Frankfurt markings on them?

Also not a fan of these futuristic buses. Would be nice to have an option on which vehicles are used.