Author Topic: IniBuilds A310 Cone Placements Wrong  (Read 899 times)

musky2018

IniBuilds A310 Cone Placements Wrong
« on: November 30, 2022, 05:05:55 pm »
Hi, At gate 20 in EGPH by Pyreegue.  Gate 20 is a large gate but to get the A310 to fit neatly into it I had to move parking position of the plane a bit and to increase parking circle size for the A310. This all worked but when I start GSX services the positioning of the cones are clustered around the main landing gear rather than protecting the 4 corners of the plane.

This of course screws up the path PAX heading for rear stairs take as they all just head to the front stairs then make a right turn and head to rear stairs underneath the plane

Thanks in advance for any advice on this

Mark

Johan217

Re: IniBuilds A310 Cone Placements Wrong
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 05:45:22 pm »
The position of the cones is determined by the engine coordinates in the GSX aircraft configuration. Maybe you can find the position you want by editing the config.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 02:06:10 am »
This all worked but when I start GSX services the positioning of the cones are clustered around the main landing gear rather than protecting the 4 corners of the plane.

Traffic cones are always relative to the airplane position, but they are not dynamically linked to the plane, they are only created in the correct position when you initially park the plane.

Which means, if you made a quick edit to the scenery, you might still see the cones which were created in the original position, so it's usually best to always choose "Restart Couatl" after editing the parking spot, then if you select the gate again, the cones will be regenerated in the new position.

musky2018

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 10:14:30 am »
Thanks for the replies. I have managed to resolve this but I do think by default the cones linked to the wing tip position are being put in the wrong place. Not sure if it is GSX or the plane responsible.

However based on reply from Johan217 I tweaked an airplane setting so GSX created and airplane config file for the  A310 and after much trial an error I found that by modifying the
default wingtippos parameter in CFG file from wingtippos = 12.33 0.74 0.00 to wingtippos = 22.33 -10.74 0.00. The wing tip cones are positioned in the correct place. And the PAX walking route is the way it should be.

Thanks again for your help