Author Topic: gsx menu won't appear in the simulator  (Read 1345 times)

robel

gsx menu won't appear in the simulator
« on: November 29, 2022, 09:23:46 am »
i have installed gsx and the level two expansion and i updated every thing using the desktop shortcut and activated the level 2 expansion only and it is not working couatl is working it starts but it is not appearing inside the addon tab and it says i have activated it when i open the fsdt installer on desktop but when i open the sim and open addon manager it says it is still in trial mode and when i press register there it doesn't work but it is saying activated outside the sim?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: gsx menu won't appear in the simulator
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 12:26:50 pm »
- Turn off the firewall

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- Run the FSDT Live update again

- If that doesn't work, download and install the FSDT Universal installer, and use it to UPDATE GSX.

- If that doesn't work, restart Windows and try again an update

- If that doesn't work, be sure your Windows is fully updated, perform all the updates, restart Windows and try again.

bobsave51

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 03:44:57 pm »
Good morning, I received a notice to update GSX in my P3d v4.5 . I closed the sim and pressed FSDT live update. the updater froze and couatl restart was requested. shut down my computer and restarted gsx was not in the p3d sim folder. I uninstalled GSX and installed a new universal installer, it froze. I uninstalled everything and add on manager this time. the installer froze again. i turned off microsoft firewalls emptied documents folder and tried downloading GSX2 ,the downloader timed out multiple times. i tried on my laptop and i could download there. So something on my computer is blocking the download. I have six airports from FSDT that are down. I cant apply serial numbers to them to get them to work, the installer freezes.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 03:46:39 pm »
You haven't said anything about the antivirus and what you did to fix it. See my last reply.

I uninstalled GSX and installed a new universal installer, it froze.

You shouldn't have Uninstalled GSX because, the Universal Installer is not capable to install FSX/P3D products, only their full installer can so, as I've said in my previous post, you need to use the Universal Installer to UPDATE your products because, if you uninstall any of them, you need to reinstall them using their own full installer.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 03:49:39 pm by virtuali »

bobsave51

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 04:16:28 pm »
I dont have an antivirus software. I have tried to download GSX 2 it tries to download and times out message after a minute to a minute and a half. If the time out doesnt appear the file might not be corrupted.

bobsave51

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 06:00:06 pm »
 i dont have any anti -virus software added to my system, just microsoft firewall. I tried to reinstall Chicago v2 its in trial mode. It would not allow me to enter serial number. Couatl scripting engine hasn't started message appeared. Im using windows 10 pro.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2022, 06:42:27 pm »
i dont have any anti -virus software added to my system, just microsoft firewall.

Are you sure, you mean you have the Windows Defender Firewall, and in some way managed to *uninstall* Windows Defender antivirus ?

Couatl scripting engine hasn't started message appeared. Im using windows 10 pro.

Please check again the antivirus and firewall and repeat the above procedure. Be sure the Live Update completes. Alternatively, try using the OFFLINE installer here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26826.0.html

However, the Offline installer requires starting with a working full install first and if should be run AFTER the Live Update, only to be sure you are not affected by possible issue with the Cloudflare caching.

bobsave51

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2022, 07:00:31 pm »
I can turn off virus and threat protection, and firewall and network protection from windows security.

bobsave51

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2022, 04:12:03 pm »
good morning, I downloaded gsx2 to another computer and copied them to my computer. My windows must be fighting the down load some how.
i saw the difference in file size. All seems well except i cant jet jetways to appear in Chicago V2. Thanks have a great day.

bobsave51

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2022, 05:04:38 pm »
Solved that one. someone posted a fix about missing jetways at Chicago and traffic global conflict. All fixed.