Author Topic: Installer Does Not Work  (Read 3277 times)

Luxionica

Installer Does Not Work
« on: November 25, 2022, 05:43:17 pm »
After 5 attempts to install GSX the installer crashes every single time at exactly the same point.

It gets to CREATING GSX Pro .ZIP archive then it crashes.

Any help would be appreciated because this installer is just making me waste my money.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installer Does Not Work
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 08:23:27 pm »
Any help would be appreciated because this installer is just making me waste my money.

I suggest getting the fact straight, before jumping yourself to the wrong conclusion about what is at fault it. We always try to do that, before passing any judgement.

First, how much free space you have on the Windows boot drive ? Also, what do you mean with "crash" ? An error dialog ? If yes, which one ? Just quit with no errors ?

dazvid70

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 10:51:43 pm »
Hi there i am having the same issue. It just hangs on the creating GSXpro.zip archive. Do you need a log? Thanks

dazvid70

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2022, 04:21:49 pm »
I have narrowed it down to couatl updater2 32 bit not responding when it gets to the Create GSX Pro.Zip Archive and just hangs. Can anyone help? I have tried uninstalling FDST and still no luck.

I only just purchased this yesterday so it would be nice to see it in action.

Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2022, 02:42:09 pm »
First, don't open new threads when you were being supported perfectly fine in this one.

Also, I asked a very specific question, you haven't answered to it so, I'll try again: how much free space you have on the Windows boot drive ? Also, what do you mean with "crash" ? An error dialog ? If yes, which one ? Just quit with no errors ?

How much system RAM you have also ?

dazvid70

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2022, 04:17:40 pm »
C drive has around 38g left. I have 16g system ram. The only error window I get is what I have posted earlier Couatl updater2 32 bit not responding when I use task manager to try and quit out of it.

I have tried to install it on my e drive with 538g free but still the same.

Is it my c drive thats the problem?

Thank you for responding

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2022, 04:19:21 pm »
38GB should be enough to temporarily hold any downloaded files when they are uncompressed.

Try to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS, that might be another possible cause for a crash while installing, assuming hard drive space is not the issue-

dazvid70

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2022, 04:32:38 pm »
Ok ill give that a go thanks. Ill let you know how I get on.

dazvid70

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2022, 04:57:10 pm »
Just tried adding the addon foldeer and removing any temp files from the temp folder and still get the Couatl_updater2 not responding. I can see the downloaded files from 002 to 005 and the zip archive in the temp folder. I can extract them but will that install the program?

Sorry about this just trying everything here.

dazvid70

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2022, 05:24:34 pm »
Got a little further. I went into the temp folder and extracted the zip archive and linked this to MSFS add on linker and i can now see the GSX menu option in my toolbar. Unfortunately i got Couatl Scripting Engine Not Started when i clicked it within MSFS. Nearly there lol

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2022, 05:30:48 pm »
Got a little further. I went into the temp folder and extracted the zip archive and linked this to MSFS add on linker and i can now see the GSX menu option in my toolbar. Unfortunately i got Couatl Scripting Engine Not Started when i clicked it within MSFS. Nearly there lol

Have you done this for both packages ? fsdreamteam-gsx-pro and fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways. If yes, and the program reads "Installed", everything is fine, just run the FSDT Live Update again, to get the latest files.

Also, check if Couatl starts manually from its Icon.

dazvid70

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2022, 06:19:39 pm »
Yes all installed correctly according to FSDT. Took me a while but i got there in the end. Thank you

Luxionica

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2022, 04:55:36 pm »

First, how much free space you have on the Windows boot drive ? Also, what do you mean with "crash" ? An error dialog ? If yes, which one ? Just quit with no errors ?

I have around 45gb of free space, there is no error dialog at all it just goes straight to not responding after reaching the part where it creates ZIP archive

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2022, 11:47:01 am »
I have around 45gb of free space

On the drive the %TEMP% variable points to ( usually the Windows boot drive ) ?

Luxionica

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2022, 11:57:15 am »
I have around 45gb of free space

On the drive the %TEMP% variable points to ( usually the Windows boot drive ) ?

yes on that drive