Author Topic: Want to add one single line of code for PMDG 737 - if needed?  (Read 816 times)

rsm2000e

• B738 Pilot AAL-211 YouTube Channel rsm2000e
    • Visit my YouTube Channel today!
Want to add one single line of code for PMDG 737 - if needed?
« on: November 24, 2022, 04:12:27 pm »
i read thru the manual about the tray icon, now I wonder how and where to add this line to my PMDG 737:

(L:NGXWheelChocks,bool) (L:switch _ 693 _ 73X,number) ||

What file do I put this line in?  I do not want to do anything else to the aircraft just to make sure GSX is 'good' with the chocks and or PMDG parking brake!  I don't know how to access the 'aircraft editor' and prefer NOT to, I just want to add the one single line of code shown here, please and thank you!  Being candid, I'm nervous to do something that might have adverse impact!
Also, why wouldn't GSX programming already 'handle' this (have it included as standard) as you are aware of PMDG differences, does it not make sense to build this into your program so all of your users who fly PMDG are not confronted with issues over the chocks and/or custom parking brake system conflicting with GSX Pro?  Just a suggestion hoping you will consider, thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Want to add one single line of code for PMDG 737 - if needed?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 04:18:51 pm »
i read thru the manual about the tray icon, now I wonder how and where to add this line to my PMDG 737:

There's nothing for you to do. The manual chapter that explains the Custom Parking brakes test feature, before listing those lines on different airplanes, has this sentence:

Following here, some examples of XML expressions used in the internal GSX database

The one and only reason why the PMDG is being discussed there, is to EXPLAIN and show real world examples how a custom XML expression to test a Parking brake might look like. The initial sentence which says "used in the internal GSX database" is there precisely to make it clear these are examples that are ALREADY used in the GSX internal database so no, there's nothing to do here, because the custom test is already there.

Of course, precisely because these lines are "used in the internal GSX database", you'll find the line already pre-filled if you try to edit the airplane configuration page. The manual page *before* the one containing this example lines has even a screenshot, showing where the custom Parking Brakes expression is. However, it's best if you don't touch these things on already supported airplanes, and the PMDG surely are.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 05:53:40 pm by virtuali »

rsm2000e

• B738 Pilot AAL-211 YouTube Channel rsm2000e
    • Visit my YouTube Channel today!
Re: Want to add one single line of code for PMDG 737 - if needed?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 05:50:23 pm »
Thank you Umberto.  Even though I read the manual, I completely misunderstood and thought -I- needed to take action.  My mistake!  Have a great day :)