Author Topic: FS2020: Is there any way to start pushback using only keyboard commands?  (Read 1168 times)

robin24

Hello all,

I'm a fully blind sim pilot with quite a bit of experience using P3D, flying primarily PMDG aircraft.

Thanks to improvements made by Microsoft, Flight Simulator 2020 has recently become quite accessible to our community as well so I've been busy getting into that sim.

As I was already using GSX for P3D, I wanted to give GSX Pro for FS2020 a try as well, as I really appreciate how well GSX works even without being able to draw the pushback route on a map thanks to the precise airport profiles that are built into the software.
GSX for P3d also happens to be very accessible as it can be controlled by only using the keyboard. For instance, I'd be able to press CTRL+F12 to bring up the options menu, press 6 on the number row which would activate the pushback option and proceed from there.
In FS2020, however, I understand that there is a keyboard shortcut to bring up the GSX menu, however this will only work when the GSX icon in the toolbar is active.
Sadly, as things stand right now the FS2020 toolbar has not been made accessible by Microsoft to users without sight, and even if it was accessible it's unclear whether GSX Pro's menu overlay would be as easily usable from the keyboard as it was in the P3D version.

With all this being said, I was wondering if anyone here could kindly share some info on the current state of keyboard shortcut support in GSX Pro, and whether initiating pushback using the keyboard is actually possible at this time?
Also, are there any workarounds for clicking the GSX toolbar icon in order to activate the software, or is that truly a hard requirement?
Finally, in case native keyboard support is currently not available in GSX, are there any L-Vars which could be used to initiate pushback and to set pushback direction?
I'm currently looking into Axis and Ohs and working with its developer in order to make that more accessible, it's possible that I could use that to create a script to get GSX going when a keyboard command is pressed.

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks!
Robin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FS2020: Is there any way to start pushback using only keyboard commands?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 11:40:00 am »
Unfortunately, there's just no way to activate any custom Toolbar icon with an hotkey, the only panels that can do this are the ones where an hotkey is already provided by the simulator by default ( like the VFR Map, or the Navlog ), but it's not possible for custom toolbar menus.

If this capability would ever arrive, we'll be the first to add it, since it would make using GSX way easier.