Author Topic: De-icing on remote pads  (Read 2118 times)

D0m1nu2

De-icing on remote pads
« on: August 29, 2022, 04:38:03 pm »
Hello, I've read some of the previous threads about this, but now, when GSX Pro for MSFS is out... I'd like to ask if there is some ETA to implement this into GSX because as said before a lot of airports doesn't de-ice on gate but on some remote locations? Possible any chance if we could see this already this winter? It adds so much to the game experience, especially on the Scandinavian countries.
At the same time with the SU10 weather SDK is coming so do you plan to make de-icing working not just by turning on plane deicers if it's going to be possible?

Thanks for answer and have a nice day!

Turok144

Re: De-icing on remote pads
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 05:26:05 pm »
+1 100%

I also would love to see this feature added to GSX Pro in the future.

I've seen some awesome animated de-icing on the Hotstart Challenger CL-650 aircraft that also includes different colors for the de-icing fluid to be sprayed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 05:57:26 pm »
that also includes different colors for the de-icing fluid to be sprayed.

We already have multicolored fluids which changes depending on both type and concentration.

Turok144

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2022, 07:02:46 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I haven't tried a snow covered airport yet and wasn't aware that de-icing is available.  I'm gonna take a look.

Thank you

Turok144

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 07:44:40 pm »
OMG! :o   That was an amazing immersive experience just now!  Two de-icing trucks arrived and sprayed green de-icing fluids over both wings!  The animation was stellar!  The sound of the spray was equally as impressive.  The truck operator's voice was so awesome as he explained at what stage the process was at!  That was truly beautiful and the animation was "Flawless"!!!  I loved it!

Thank you Umberto for that.  The realism and detail of the de-icing trucks was truly exquisite! 👍👍👍

D0m1nu2

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 08:56:04 pm »
It was possible to do it just at gate wasn't it tho? That is the things I'm asking Umberto about since at a big amount of airports de-icing is at different location from stand.

Turok144

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2022, 10:11:07 pm »
It was possible to do it just at gate wasn't it tho? That is the things I'm asking Umberto about since at a big amount of airports de-icing is at different location from stand.

That would also be kool to have.  I'm not familiar with de-icing procedures at airports, do they have a separate section specific for only de-icing?

Phil7789

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2022, 09:22:16 pm »
That would also be kool to have.  I'm not familiar with de-icing procedures at airports, do they have a separate section specific for only de-icing?

Yeah there are seperate areas often between taxiways, so called "de-icing pads". Aircraft could taxi there and then being de-iced

Flightdoc

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2022, 12:45:10 am »
Wow have to try this.. I fly out of Canada a lot.. How about a video?
Flightdoc

D0m1nu2

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2022, 05:50:55 pm »
that also includes different colors for the de-icing fluid to be sprayed.

We already have multicolored fluids which changes depending on both type and concentration.

@virtuali sorry, prolly forgot to answer on my question, do you plan to add remote stand de-icing option and possible when if you do so?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2022, 05:52:00 pm »
@virtuali sorry, prolly forgot to answer on my question, do you plan to add remote stand de-icing option and possible when if you do so?

This has been asked so many times, yes, it's a planned feature, but we don't have a timeline for it. As long as users continue to report bugs, they have the highest priority of all.

Brokenbroccoli

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2022, 01:36:33 pm »
maybe it's possible to create a "fake gate" at the remote de-icing stands, where only de-icing service can be called. In my mind that should be an easy thing to do (at least at FSDT sceneries) but I'm no dev so I don't know. Would be cool to see this this winter