Author Topic: First time with GSX  (Read 4804 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: First time with GSX
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2022, 04:13:36 pm »
The aircraft is full of vehicles from PMDG, so they have nothing to do with GSX. Which means it will happen with every aircraft. I need to get rid of those first... Otherwise I get PMDG cars, PMDG stairs, pushback trucks from PMDG and GSX, and so on.

Not sure how you couldn't haven't possibly noticed that, when you call GSX, the PMDG vehicles will be automatically send away. And, of course, if waiting that extra time annoys you, just create a Saved airplane State with the PMDG FMC with all vehicles removed, save it as GSX, and set it as default.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2022, 07:41:01 pm »
The aircraft is full of vehicles from PMDG, so they have nothing to do with GSX. Which means it will happen with every aircraft. I need to get rid of those first... Otherwise I get PMDG cars, PMDG stairs, pushback trucks from PMDG and GSX, and so on.

Not sure how you couldn't haven't possibly noticed that, when you call GSX, the PMDG vehicles will be automatically send away. And, of course, if waiting that extra time annoys you, just create a Saved airplane State with the PMDG FMC with all vehicles removed, save it as GSX, and set it as default.

That's the problem. I called GSX services and PMDG or Fenix vehicles are still there. That's why a lot of "crashes" happen because I have cars and trucks everywhere, but even those modelled by 3rd party airports are not going away as well. And if I try to move the aircraft to an almost empty spot, cars and trucks are going after me to occupy that spot as well. What can I do?

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2022, 12:20:54 am »
So, here it is.

Aircraft loaded, no GSX action until now.

Whatever I do with GSX, and I believe that catering could the first action, GSX vehicles will clash with those vehicles which seem to be part of the scenery and placed in every gate...

Solutions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2022, 10:44:51 am »
Aircraft loaded, no GSX action until now.

That's exactly what you are supposed to see: if you don't start GSX, nothing will change, and you'll see the default Ground vehicles (*visually* replaced by GSX models, but they are still default ground vehicles) which WILL be removed once you call GSX.

PMDG are another thing entirely, and I assure you they are being removed by GSX when calling a service. The only thing of note, since GSX use the 2nd FMC to send away the vehicles ( so you are not interrupted if you are using the main one at the same time ), it requires to have at least battery power; a cold and dark airplane won't be able to remove the vehicles. Again, easily fixed by creating a Save State with all vehicles removed.

About Fenix vehicles, GSX is not supposed to remove those, but I don't think they always appear by default.

Whatever I do with GSX, and I believe that catering could the first action, GSX vehicles will clash with those vehicles which seem to be part of the scenery and placed in every gate...

If a vehicle is not a real Ground vehicle, but a static object that looks like a vehicle ( or other ground stuff, like pallets, ulds, stairs, etc. ) it cannot be removed dynamically in any way, unless you edited the scenery.

Which is why, GSX always had ( in years, since FSX ) the ability to customize its own vehicle starting positions for each gate, so they might work better with static objects in the scenery. There's just nothing you can do to prevent vehicles that comes from afar, like Catering or Refueling, to clash into static scenery objects.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2022, 12:06:19 am »
So, I tried one parking place without jetway. Jetways are still problematic. Here is the image. First I deboarded all the aircraft as if the aircraft was coming from somewhere and everything was perfect. So, now I am starting my flight. First thing is catering. As you see in the image, that's how the catering operates. Can we avoid those clashes like the one inside the black circle?

No refueling. I still have to understand how I do that with Fenix and GSX together. Now boarding. Here are my cars with no bags at all to deliver, and even the cars are strange... It is the first time I see the cars like shown in the black circles.

Pushback and start was OK.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 12:22:50 am by harpsi »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2022, 12:17:50 am »
Can we avoid those clashes like the one inside the black circle?

What I said in the last two lines of my reply:

GSX always had ( in years, since FSX ) the ability to customize its own vehicle starting positions for each gate, so they might work better with static objects in the scenery. There's just nothing you can do to prevent vehicles that comes from afar, like Catering or Refueling, to clash into static scenery objects.

That's how GSX always worked, nothing changed.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2022, 12:24:22 am »
I modified the post and added some other things.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2022, 12:30:10 am »
No refueling. I still have to understand how I do that with Fenix and GSX together.

We posted a video a while back:

And another one with the PMDG, which might be better explained, not exactly identical, but the procedure is conceptually similar:

Now boarding. Here are my cars with no bags at all to deliver, and even the cars are strange... It is the first time I see the cars like shown in the black circles.

It has been found there's a limit on the number of Simobjects displayed in the sim, which on very detailed airports and/or using AI traffic injection, can be reached, and if it has, the sim will start to remove objects at random.

- Lower you AI traffic settings and/or the quantity of AI used by any AI injector program

- Deselect the option "Extra Ground clutter", which will install a version of the GSX jetway replacement files with the same number of object of the originals they replaced. This would only matter at default airports though.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2022, 12:28:58 am »
So, another flight...

Deboarding: OK.

Catering: OK.

Refueling: Even following the video values do not match, but at least I ended refuelling.

Boarding: When I refuel via Fenix, aircraft is also loaded with cargo and passangers. In this case I assigned 153 passengers. After that I start boarding via GSX but it loads 100 passengers... Why? And we can see the heads of the passengers walking inside the gate. Also, I loaded passengers very quickly via Fenix and it took half an hour to load passengers via GSX. How can it be a little bit faster?

Preparing for pushback: Waiting the non-needed stairs to complete operation. More than 15, 30, 45 minutes... I could not start the flight anymore because it stayed like this forever :\
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 01:14:18 am by harpsi »

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2022, 04:36:19 pm »
Coualt engine hasn't started... first time with this message :\

Any suggestions?

sidfadc

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2022, 11:07:22 pm »
Restart Coualt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2022, 10:16:15 am »
Boarding: When I refuel via Fenix, aircraft is also loaded with cargo and passangers. In this case I assigned 153 passengers. After that I start boarding via GSX but it loads 100 passengers... Why?

Because you haven't read the manual, which clearly explains that since passengers are not something like a standard variable but a custom internal simulation in the airplane, GSX cannot read a value that has been calculated by a 3rd party airplane internally (not without the airplane having some kind of SDK that exposes that), so normally GSX will estimate the number of passengers from the Payload, as it always did for the past 10 years, which of course will never match the airplane own internal simulation, unless the airplane coded a specific GSX integration, telling explicitly to GSX how many passengers you are supposed to have.

However, if the airplane doesn't have a GSX integration, if you use GSX SIMBRIEF integration instead, and set the passenger number in the flight plan, GSX will use that figure so, assuming the airplane is reading Simbrief as well, they'll match the number, since they are both using the same flightplane.

And we can see the heads of the passengers walking inside the gate.

That's because you haven't read the latest manual or release notes ( Page 65 of the Manual ), which explain why, on 3rd party jetways that have heights different than default ( 4.60 mt ), passengers will either walk too low or too high, but there's a way to set these heights in the GSX  airport profile. It's a data that doesn't exist anywhere else in the simulation, so there are no other ways to possibly tell GSX about the height of a 3rd party jetway.

Also, I loaded passengers very quickly via Fenix and it took half an hour to load passengers via GSX. How can it be a little bit faster?

First, you cannot obviously expect GSX would even match the speed of simulated passengers with actual animated passengers. Both because for the same reasons of their number, the fact the airplane is using an accelerated boarding is not possibly known by GSX, but even if it was, it would be wrong to adapt it to real animated passengers, since they look ridiculous if we had to accelerate them to match the airplane speed.

Here, the setting in the manual you failed to read is at Page 29, the explanation of the "Passenger Density" setting, which has a direct effect on the time it takes to Board, since the higher the setting, the more passengers will be displayed at the same time and, since their total number won't change, with more passengers displayed, the Time to Board will be way shorter.

And of course, if the parking doesn't have a Jetway, but use Stairs, Boarding time will be 2x faster than with a Jetway ( because MSFS doesn't support double jetways ) for planes using two staircases, or 3x shorter for planes configured with 3 stairs.

Preparing for pushback: Waiting the non-needed stairs to complete operation. More than 15, 30, 45 minutes... I could not start the flight anymore because it stayed like this forever

Not happening here but, if you could make a proper report, clearly explaining exactly what you did, we might look into it.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2022, 01:45:29 am »
i am just trying to set all those issues while staying on the ground.

For example I am now boarding, but it says that there is a default jetway. Strange because I did all the changes in the config board. I also tried to move the jetway with Fenix ground services but it doesn't move as well. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2022, 01:05:52 pm »
For example I am now boarding, but it says that there is a default jetway. Strange because I did all the changes in the config board.

Not sure what changes you are referring to but, nothing in GSX for MSFS will ever allow to change the kind of jetways. They will always be default, the ability to change the jetway type was only possible in FSX or P3D, because of SODE.

I also tried to move the jetway with Fenix ground services but it doesn't move as well.

Which, if you understood how Jetways works in GSX Pro ( = exactly like default ones ), should have been ample evidence whatever problem you had, it had nothing to do with GSX because:

- GSX doesn't change the way jetways operates, at all. It might change the jetway *appearance* on default airport, but they would still work exactly as the default ones, using the default animation system.

- If a jetway doesn't work from GSX, it won't work from the Fenix EFB, and it won't work from the default ATC Ground Services menu. This because, regardless the way you call it, all of these methods are identical: they just sent the default "TOGGLE JETWAY" key event to the sim, and it will be up to the simulator if the jetway works, or not.

The only thing that matters if a jetway works or not, is your airplane main door position in relationship to the jetway. And it will be exactly the same, regardless if you use GSX or not.

The only thing you can do in GSX to HELP the jetway working better, is to customize the Stop position to let GSX guide you to a better parking position from which that jetway will work better.