Author Topic: When I undock the "GSX Menu window" and move it to my sec monitor turns "black".  (Read 988 times)

usr_583093

Hi Experts,

When I undock the "GSX Menu window" in my simulator and move it to my secondary monitor the undocked window (GSX) turns "black" and unable to see GSX-menu’s...!
anyone have same issue?

To Info:
- Using MSFS
- If I close the "undocked" window and reopen the GSX-menu the window is back and looks fine in simulator. But if I click the undock option again and move it to my second monitor the hole GSX-window turns "black" again.

Best Rgds
GSX Pro

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
It's normal the menu would be black when you close it in the Undocked mode. It will go back to normal, when you open it again with the Hotkey, which is how you are supposed to always use GSX, as explained at Page 74 of the manual:

This is now your normal workflow should be:

• Open the GSX menu from the Toolbar icon when first starting Ground services .
• Don’t close it from the Toolbar while Ground services are performed, always use the Hot-key or the X icon to close the menu.
• Close the menu using the Toolbar icon when you are done with Ground services, usually before take-off.

In brief, the Toolbar Icon should always be left Active while Ground services are required.

usr_583093

Hi,

Thanks for the update, :-)

Let me rephrase, yes I use the way to activate and open close the gsx window using hotkey, but its when I move the "GSX-window" from my simulator monitor to my secondaly monitor it turns black -> meaning unable to use/seen any gsx menu`s. Or do the GSX Pro not support to move the "GSX-PRO-menu-window" to secondary monitor like I do with the "ATC-Menu-Window" (?)

Best Rgds
GSX Pro

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
There's nothing in the GSX code that either knows or check or handles undocking the menu, let alone knowing if it has been docked alongside the main MSFS window ( assuming MSFS is running in a window ) but still on the main monitor, or has docked on a secondary monitor.

Whatever behavior you see, like the menu going black for example, is nothing we coded explicitly, it's done automatically by the sim.

Have you tried undocking but keeping the menu on the main screen ? I'm trying to understand is the issue is just when the undocked menu is located on another monitor.

usr_583093

Hi,

I'm trying to understand is the issue is just when the undocked menu is located on another monitor. -> ANSWER =>Yes its only black when window(GSX PRO) its moved to my second monitor.

To Info:     
When Window(GSX-PRO) is on same monitor as MSFS all looks / running fine.

Brgds
S.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
When Window(GSX-PRO) is on same monitor as MSFS all looks / running fine.

Then I'm afraid there's not much we can do because, while we can check if a menu window is docked or not, we don't have any way to know on which screen it has been docked to.