Author Topic: after quick edit pushback no pushback  (Read 9384 times)

Darewell

Re: after quick edit pushback no pushback
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2022, 12:51:55 am »
Just to be sure, do you switch to drone yourself before doing the custom pushback?

It happened to me after I had switched to drone before clicking on quick edit.

Reloaded couatl and tried again, letting GSX switching to drone mode, maybe it was a coincidence though.

But I can say I NEVER had this issue befoe last GSX update, very annoying when flying on Vatsim, I use Pushback helper when it happens, so not great as I bought GSX for custom pushback.

Phil7789

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2022, 01:46:10 am »
Just to be sure, do you switch to drone yourself before doing the custom pushback?

I didn't change to drone camera before quick editing and had the problems.

DaBeLG

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2022, 09:40:19 am »
for now like Phil said use the f6 key to add custom waypoint and it works ....

this is a very good workaround

QNH997

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2022, 07:28:54 am »
Hello - also experienced this issue twice yesterday with the Fenix while using QuickEdit. Happened to me once at MSK Productions OMSJ (marketplace version/Navdata API enabled), and again at FlyTampa EKCH (non-marketplace/Navdata API disabled). Running vPilot (w/ FSLTL VMR), FSRealistic, Spad.Next, Volanta, Fenix.

Steps to reproduce and symptoms (green dots not disappearing) are 100% consistent with the below video. Something seems to have changed in the last week or two, as it was working 100% reliably for me previously (including post-SU10, suggesting it was a GSX update and not a sim change that broke it).   

I will give the F6 workaround a shot but this is the single most important function for me in GSX so really hoping for a fix asap.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 12:16:43 pm by virtuali »

airamaruk

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2022, 12:13:09 pm »
Hey I'm experiencing also the exact same issue seen in the video above. The only workaround I found was to just restart couatl then ask again for the pushback and just say to use the saved quick edit which is the one I've made obviously before the issue happened....and it works as intended. But I agree with some previous comment, I've never had such issues since the two last GSX updates.

I'll try the F6 idea, if it can avoid me to restart everytime Couatl I'll take it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2022, 12:22:29 pm »
Happened to me once at MSK Productions OMSJ (marketplace version/Navdata API enabled), and again at FlyTampa EKCH (non-marketplace/Navdata API disabled). Running vPilot (w/ FSLTL VMR), FSRealistic, Spad.Next, Volanta, Fenix.

Steps to reproduce and symptoms (green dots not disappearing) are 100% consistent with the below video.

As I've said, and shown in the video, nothing in the GSX updates can possibly affected this. But with all these add-ons using Simconnect you are running at the same time, it's possible Simconnect is not able to keep up with all of them.

The clear indication of this is the pushback dots not disappearing. Since they normally do, as I shown in my previous video, meaning GSX is surely asking the sim to remove the dots, if the sim doesn't respond because it's overwhelmed by request by other add-ons, it has probably stopped the connection with GSX, resulting in its code not being run anymore, since it needs Simconnect to call it back at regular intervals.

Phil7789

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2022, 03:57:15 pm »
As I've said, and shown in the video, nothing in the GSX updates can possibly affected this. But with all these add-ons using Simconnect you are running at the same time, it's possible Simconnect is not able to keep up with all of them.

The clear indication of this is the pushback dots not disappearing. Since they normally do, as I shown in my previous video, meaning GSX is surely asking the sim to remove the dots, if the sim doesn't respond because it's overwhelmed by request by other add-ons, it has probably stopped the connection with GSX, resulting in its code not being run anymore, since it needs Simconnect to call it back at regular intervals.

I understand that it could be related to too much simconnect connections (addons), but shouldn't that then also apply for the additional waypoint? As the additional waypoint works as a workaround every time it should also be affected if this was caused by too many connections, shouldn't it?
Does GSX calculate or send commands in another way when there's an additional point so the overall commands are reduced / split?

As you said it might be caused by too many addons I tested this and emptied my entire community folder so no addons at all where present and I still had this problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2022, 04:12:34 pm »
but shouldn't that then also apply for the additional waypoint? As the additional waypoint works as a workaround every time it should also be affected if this was caused by too many connections, shouldn't it?

Last video I posted shows no problems, even with with no waypoints.

Phil7789

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2022, 12:39:59 am »

Last video I posted shows no problems, even with with no waypoints.

Yeah I've watched it but undoubtedly some users are affected and to test as I've said I removed all addons to be sure there aren't just too many connections and it still failed.

My question was if this is connected to too many simconnect connections shouldn't the problem be the same when using an additional waypoint?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2022, 11:41:46 am »
My question was if this is connected to too many simconnect connections shouldn't the problem be the same when using an additional waypoint?

If anything, it should be worse, since additional waypoints have an extra Simobject for each waypoint, and each extra object adds some extra connections to handle its creation/removal. But as I've said, I couldn't find any difference using waypoints or not.

kano

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2022, 12:11:06 pm »
If it helps, I have the same issue, in ORBX LEAS, with AIG but no aircraft on the platform and just three in the area covered by AIG. No more other add-ons, so I can't figure out a reason for simconect to be that busy, but who knows. In case it helps

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2022, 06:20:10 pm »
with AIG but no aircraft on the platform and just three in the area covered by AIG. No more other add-ons, so I can't figure out a reason for simconect to be that busy, but who knows.

The first test would be trying without AIG, regardless how many planes has created.

marinosk

« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2022, 10:58:41 pm »
Hi all,

I have the same problem - but only with Fenix A320. Maddog MD82 & Inibuilds A310 seem to work OK.

With Fenix, the green dots never disappear and the pushback never starts.