Author Topic: EBBR Aerosoft: CRASH and: There is not parkins available at this airport  (Read 1112 times)

pizzamonster

EBBR Aerosoft: when running GSX I have info that there is not parking available at this airport and GSX crashed. This is crash info:

it's that because I have use Addon Linker for this airport?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 06:06:35 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: EBBR Aerosoft: CRASH and: There is not parkins available at this airport
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 06:09:41 pm »
You posted a crash log for the FSDT UPDATER, and your screenshot shows both a error message from Couatl and the error message from the updater at the same time.

This seems to indicate you tried to run the FSDT Updater when the simulator (hence Couatl .exe ) was running. We took this into account, and when the FSDT updater has been started with the simulator running, the Couatl .EXE process is automatically closed, this always worked, I tried it again now, and surely Couatl .exe get closed if I run the Updater with MSFS running.

So, the first thing to do, is not starting the updater when the simulator is running, I can't explain why the safety measure to prevent you doing that didn't work, but in general if you don't start the updater when the simulator is running, this surely can't happen.

Then there's the OTHER issue about the "no parking available" message, which is NOT a crash or an error, it's a normal message from GSX that doesn't have anything to do with your crash errors, and has been already discussed here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28166.msg184357.html#msg184357
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 06:12:58 pm by virtuali »

pizzamonster

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 07:12:07 pm »
Yeah but the problem is I didn't touch updater when I running  MSFS at all. This error and crash happened when I spawn in to the airport. But I know what maybe happened: I just checked and Addon Linker was opened in the Task Manager even when was closed before running MSFS. I had problem with this software before and have chat with developer about it. I will double check what causing the problem.

Thx!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2022, 09:43:42 am »
Yeah but the problem is I didn't touch updater when I running  MSFS at all. This error and crash happened when I spawn in to the airport.

Yes but, assuming BOTH messages came out when you were running MSFS ( meaning the one in the background, which is coming from the updater ), it means the updater was still running when you started MSFS.

Unless the error dialog from the updater appeared before MSFS started, so you just left it open. That might cause issues as well, if that's the case.

But I know what maybe happened: I just checked and Addon Linker was opened in the Task Manager even when was closed before running MSFS. I had problem with this software before and have chat with developer about it. I will double check what causing the problem.

Well, yes, keeping the Addon Linker opened when MSFS starts might also cause issue, in case it opened some files in the sim with exclusive access.