Author Topic: No Parking or Gates at KONT  (Read 1271 times)

CapRon

No Parking or Gates at KONT
« on: November 14, 2022, 05:16:28 am »
Hi all,

When I fly to or from KONT, GSX sees no parking positions or gate positions.  When I click on Customize Airport Positions, the list is completly blank.  Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Parking or Gates at KONT
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 11:42:48 am »
I think there's a bug in the default KONT airport that must have been introduced recently, possibly with SU11, because even on the World Map, the airport as no airplane parking spots, just 4 Fuel spots.

Note that, you might be mislead assuming the parking spots are there, if you have the GSX Jetway replacement files enabled for it. That's because the default airport DID had parking spots before, so the GSX replacement jetway file for it will allow you to see the parking spots on the map.

However, if you Disable KONT from GSX Jetway replacement, you'll see just the default data, which shows there are no usable airplane parking spots. GSX doesn't list the Fuel spots there, so in fact it's correct saying there are no parking spots there.

CapRon

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 03:52:52 pm »
So I removed KONT from the GSX jetway replacement and I got just what you said.  4 spots for fuel.  I added KONT back in and all the parking spots appear on the World Map, but when I load up a flight at say Gate 57, I can not customize anything and there are no parking or gates available.  Really strange.

Any way, is there a way for me to create a parking spot from scratch?

Thanks again.
Ron

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 12:01:34 pm »
So I removed KONT from the GSX jetway replacement and I got just what you said.  4 spots for fuel.  I added KONT back in and all the parking spots appear on the World Map, but when I load up a flight at say Gate 57, I can not customize anything and there are no parking or gates available. 

That's normal. The GSX replacement files are not complete airports, they contains only Jetways and parking spots, without anything else. This is what allows jetway replacement to happen, but it relies to a 1:1 match between the GSX replacement file and the underlying default airport, which is the one that will be used "for real" by GSX and the sim too.

If the underlying airport is unusable, like in this case, there's nothing you can do in GSX to fix it. Just creating new parking spots won't be enough: to have the airport working, all the network of the taxiway layout should be reconstructed, basically replicating in GSX what is already possible with Scenery Editor included in DevMode.

So, in these cases, it's better to report the problem to Microsoft, since the airport is clearly unusable as it is.