Author Topic: Something wrong with SU10 Navigraph API?  (Read 2126 times)

Ankh

Something wrong with SU10 Navigraph API?
« on: November 11, 2022, 12:52:00 pm »
I started MSFS today and went to three airports, in all three cases, GSX told me that there is no airport data available and as such, no services available.

EGSS from ORBX
EDDH from Aerosoft
EHAM MSFS default Airport enhanced by Premium Deluxe Edition

What am I doing wrong here? I guess, I have to disable this Beta Navigraph API again...

rjack1282

Re: Something wrong with SU10 Navigraph API?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 01:34:57 pm »
I had this happen yesterday at MMSD and was the first time I had seen it.  I got the same message when trying to open the menu.

mpo910

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 03:35:49 pm »
For me it´s not clear at all why I have this message too, even if all "my known variables" are equal, only the dayor sim session (restarting the SIM completely) is different.

I fly ONLY Fenix a320
I fly always with AI on and when testing with AI off (also any external AI off)
I fly always with the same settings since months
I fly always with Live weather and real current time
I never use FSDreamteam Jetways, all 3th party airports are "disabled"

Sometimes an AFCAD file can be found and sometimes not at the SAME airport and the SAME Parking spot.
Sometimes restarting the sim helps, sometimes not
Restarting or exiting couatly only, while the sim is running NEVER helps
Restarting only the flight NEVER helps

This happened to me at the following locations (all are addons OR ASOBO/MS Handcrafted airports)
- LIRN
- LEBB
- LEGE
- LIRP
- EDDN
- EDDH
- LFML
- LFMN
- LICJ
- and more I don´t recall more for sure now

As I said, sometimes the ONLY thing to change is restarting the sim, at the same day OR another day doing the same location, suddenly works as a day or moment before it didn´t work.

My Work Around is, while the sim is running, Exit Couatl via the Tray Icon in the MS systembar, open FSDreamteam Installer app, hit CONFIG, uncheck SU10 API NavData, hit "Close" and "start couatl" again. Then I can at least use my .ini files with my "handconfigurated" services.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 03:39:50 pm by mpo910 »

marou95thebest

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 06:37:20 pm »
You have to download the most recent update via the offline installer in the forum, not the FSDT installer.

Ankh

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2022, 09:05:28 pm »
You have to download the most recent update via the offline installer in the forum, not the FSDT installer.

Well, pretty obvious it has nothing to do with this aspect, but thanks...

marou95thebest

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2022, 10:18:51 pm »
I respectfully ask you to think again, I had the same issue and the offline installer fixed that issue because the Navigraph problem was fixed in the one of the most recent updates and the FDST installer is sometimes not up to date due to servers nodes. So please, give it a try and only then you can treat people like idiots.

So please:

Download the latest installer FROM THE FORUM pinned post and give a try again.

Remember I was just trying to help you there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2022, 10:46:23 am »
I started MSFS today and went to three airports, in all three cases, GSX told me that there is no airport data available and as such, no services available.

You haven't said if you have the SU10 Navdata API enabled, and if those two airports from OrbX and Aerosoft are bought on the Marketplace. Microsoft EHAM surely is, so at least we know that one is Encrypted, so you MUST use the SU10 Navdata API to use it.

What am I doing wrong here? I guess, I have to disable this Beta Navigraph API again...

Please clarify:

- Are you suspecting a possible conflict with Navigraph ?

- You just confused GSX support for SU10 Navdata API with Navigraph ?

Of course, it would have been helpful if you posted a log with the error, because the problem might have been just another airport was loaded, possibly a smaller airport that should have been excluded with the visibility settings in the couatladdons.ini file.

Also, today's update has a change how these auxiliary airports with no parking spots are handled when using the SU10 Navdata API, so in most cases it shouldn't be required to manually exclude them anymore.

Ankh

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2022, 01:23:23 pm »
Todays update, still the same. Using the Navigraph checkbox active, GSX simply does not load, the spinner spins for several minutes, then it just gives above mentioned error message. This time just tested EBBR addon scenery and EDDH addon scenery. I have all my addons NOT from marketplace. Logs follow

Ankh

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2022, 08:08:07 pm »
Here is the log file attached. Seriously, do I read that correctly? You have a software generating a .log file, you ask for it but your idiotic forum software does not allow .log files to be uploaded? Fits the rest...

Ankh

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2022, 09:11:12 pm »
And the same non-functionality without using the Navigraph API checkbox ticked in the settings, logs attached.

Ankh

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2022, 09:49:05 pm »
And another update: could it be that when using the novel helicopters, GSX ends up in an endless loading error? I switched to the XCub and suddenly GSX loads as intended on all mentioned airports...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2022, 04:10:43 pm »
And another update: could it be that when using the novel helicopters, GSX ends up in an endless loading error? I switched to the XCub and suddenly GSX loads as intended on all mentioned airports...

Yes, we noticed that as well ( of course there was no way to test Helicopters during the SU11 beta ), the menu doesn't load with Helicopters. No idea why, and this will require further investigation, but I don't think it's a big issue, considering GSX doesn't really do much for Helicopters.