Author Topic: A310 & GSX  (Read 2562 times)

dcboyinva

A310 & GSX
« on: November 12, 2022, 07:30:29 pm »
Hi All....I saw the other feed with some of the issues with GSX and the A310. I didn't want to hijack that one :) Here is a brief bulleted list of my issues:

* No third-party profile for the 310 is loaded
* GSX will start to run...then just shut down....after about 3 seconds
* I have run the offline installer after running the FSDT Updater (with the config button)
* Nothing works
* I have tried the third-party, but that does the same thing....figured I would test it, even though I saw the Dev indicated it was not needed
* Fenix and PMDG still works as normal

Not the end of the world...but would like any advice if anyone can help.  Thank you all.  Take care.

J

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: A310 & GSX
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 06:58:29 pm »
* No third-party profile for the 310 is loaded

The MS A310 is internally supported by GSX, and doesn't require a custom profile, it's internally supported. Just be sure you use the current update.

* GSX will start to run...then just shut down....after about 3 seconds

Please clarify what is shutting down. The GSX menu ? The Couatl program ?

* Nothing works

Impossible to help you with such a generic description of the problem. The Sticky thread here named "How to report a problem", indicates how to create a diagnostic log, which you are supposed to post here to troubleshooting.

dcboyinva

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2022, 06:08:34 am »
Thanks for your reply!!

1 - I am not using a custom profile...I did try that once....but it did the same thing as without it...so I removed that as part of troubleshooting

2 - The menu in-sim opens when I click the GSX button from the bar....either it hangs in loading or it tries to open and then just disappears

3 - See attached...hopefully this can help you diagnose what could be going on

Thanks again.  Take care.

J

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2022, 09:17:40 am »

Your log shows your airport cache was being generated. The most common case of the menu not opening, is you trying to open it when the cache regeneration is still going on.

Try to enable the SU10 Navdata option in the Config panel, this will make GSX stop using the airport cache to begin with.

Relayer2112

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 12:05:08 pm »
Reproducible for me also with SU10 navdata enabled.

This is on the SU11 beta update. GSX did work prior to the update.

Logfile attached.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 12:17:26 pm by Relayer2112 »

dcboyinva

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2022, 09:15:50 pm »

Your log shows your airport cache was being generated. The most common case of the menu not opening, is you trying to open it when the cache regeneration is still going on.

Try to enable the SU10 Navdata option in the Config panel, this will make GSX stop using the airport cache to begin with.

Thank you sir for your reply and help. I had already marked the SU10 nav data.  I'll open it up now that I am back home and will let the sim sit for a little bit to allow the cache regeneration to run.  I'll circle back.  Appreciate it!  Take care all.

J

dcboyinva

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2022, 09:58:07 pm »
This time it didn't shut down GSX's window...but it kept it up for quite a long time.  IIRC, the only I know how to regen the cache is through the in-sim menu?  Sorry if there is another way.  Either way, I am attaching the log from today.  Thank you!!

J

dcboyinva

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2022, 01:50:53 am »
I went ahead and removed and re-installed everything...and it works now.  Go figure ;)