Author Topic: Occupied gates and GSX menu and config  (Read 1982 times)

Flightdoc

Occupied gates and GSX menu and config
« on: August 30, 2022, 07:03:55 pm »
So on landing at EBBR GSX will tell me this gate or that is unoccupied. But every time I get there, its already used. How do I tell if GSX is reading from the correct file? ANd if it is not what is the procedure? If it is, can I customize some of the parking so there are always gates empty by removing most of the airline codes?

Also what is the best safedock to add at a medium gate with jetway? (Not EBBR which already has VDGS)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 07:12:05 pm by len hjalmarson »
Flightdoc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Occupied gates and GSX menu and config
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 07:13:51 pm »
The AI situation is not controlled by any file, since it's clearly something dynamic that can change at any time.

GSX makes a standard Simconnect call when you open its menu to ask the simulator where the other AIs are, and if the gate you asked for is taken by an AI while you arrive there, either choose another one, or you use the menu to select another parking and, if you really want to go there, just the same the SAME parking again! GSX will tell you is occupied, asking if you want to use it anyway, and will remove the AI.

GSX Manual, Page 10:

GSX will warn you if a parking spot is either “too small for your aircraft”, or is already taken by an AI. However, a big change from previous versions is that will allow you to use it anyway. If it’s already taken by an AI, but you still want to use it, when you select the spot, GSX will just...remove the AI!

ACSoft

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 03:49:25 pm »
I wonder why, with my Fenix A320, several times I landed in LFML Marseille Provence 1.0 by France VFR, I didn't see in GSX the warning "taken by an AI" for my wanted gate 4B and when I arrived there or even after an instantaneous wrap there, there was an aircraft there, obviously not removed by GSX. In fact, I newer saw any warning for any ramps or gates prompted in the GSX list for this airport.

Even if my flight settings was with no traffic AI, I am almost sure it is not a static aircraft, as it is not always there and luckily, most of time not there, or some gates further (so no problem with GSX). Is-it maybe a compatibility problem with some 3rd party airports addon ?

Maybe I should test with other airports 3rd party or not ?

Any clues about that are very welcome !

Thanks in forward
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 03:52:30 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 03:54:20 pm »
I wonder why, with my Fenix A320, several times I landed in LFML Marseille Provence 1.0 by France VFR, I didn't see in GSX the warning "taken by an AI" for my wanted gate 4B and when I arrived there or even after an instantaneous wrap there, there was an aircraft there, obviously not removed by GSX. In fact, I newer saw any warning for any ramps or gates prompted in the GSX list for this airport.

It's possible the gate was available when you landed, but it was taken in the meantime. Also, before reporting any problems that can be possibly be caused by reading the airport data, always report if you are using the SU10 Navdata option in GSX.

ACSoft

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 04:28:36 pm »
I am sure it is not the case, As I said, it happen even using the wrap me there option. And also, I didn't landed there but loaded the A32NX ready to takeoff and from this position, GSX open on a window where you can choose all airport positions.

I positively don't understand  what you mean with your "you are using the SU10 Navdata option in GSX". I am actually in the GSX general setup and can't found any options which seem with in relation with Navdata ?

By the way, I just test now on LFMN Nice a default airport on my installation and in this case, I can see with the mention (available soon) some position and going there with the drone, I saw there was effectively an aircraft and it wasn't removed after I wrap there. I retry without wrapping (just saying yes to do you want to use it anyway) and looking right now the position with the drone, not happen, the aircraft just stay here.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 04:46:58 pm by ACSoft »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2022, 04:51:52 pm »
I am sure it is not the case, As I said, it happen even using the wrap me there option. And also, I didn't landed there but loaded the A32NX ready to takeoff and from this position, GSX open on a window where you can choose all airport positions.

It might take just a couple of seconds for the sim to create new AIs. And not only that, in order to *know* if a parking spot is taken, GSX must first make a query to Simconnect, asking for all AIs in the airport. If there are many, it might take another few seconds before GSX gets a reply so, if you call GSX during this time, the gate will still be reported as empty, because it is, as far GSX is concerned.

I positively don't understand  what you mean with your "you are using the SU10 Navdata option in GSX". I am actually in the GSX general setup and can't found any options which seem with in relation with Navdata ?

The option in Config panel of the installer.

ACSoft

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2022, 06:17:34 pm »
It might take just a couple of seconds for the sim to create new AIs. And not only that, in order to *know* if a parking spot is taken, GSX must first make a query to Simconnect, asking for all AIs in the airport. If there are many, it might take another few seconds before GSX gets a reply so, if you call GSX during this time, the gate will still be reported as empty, because it is, as far GSX is concerned.
I loaded and then I wait almost 1 minute, but it does not change nothing.

For me, this feature actually does not work at all, almost with the 3rd party addon LFML and is half broken (AI aircraft never removed) for default Asobo airport like, for exemple, LFMN. It should be easy for you to test, as I have precisely described how I test.

The option in Config panel of the installer.
Thanks, I found it and it was not activated.

You didn't tell the FSDT recommendation on that option. Shall we activate it for now ? if yes, when we will need to disactivate it ? Is there a thread we can follow on the forum about this option ?

By the way, I have activated it and redo both test on LFML & LFMN, it does not change nothing.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 06:19:30 pm by ACSoft »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2022, 06:34:54 pm »
I loaded and then I wait almost 1 minute, but it does not change nothing.

Please clarify, you waited before calling the GSX menu ?

For me, this feature actually does not work at all, almost with the 3rd party addon LFML and is half broken (AI aircraft never removed) for default Asobo airport like, for exemple, LFMN. It should be easy for you to test, as I have precisely described how I test.

You didn't tell the FSDT recommendation on that option. Shall we activate it for now ? if yes, when we will need to disactivate it ? Is there a thread we can follow on the forum about this option ?

The manual has a whole section about it, starting at Page 74, it might be best reading first, because it tells both the advantages and the possible side effects.

ACSoft

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2022, 07:29:12 pm »
Please clarify, you waited before calling the GSX menu ?
I load a flight from World map, after just selecting a runway as departure, directly on the map and pressing FLY button. I use the FBW A320. When loaded, GSX open automatically with airport positions selection list page. I ignore this for now and I select the drone camera and visit the airport to note the gates occupied with AI aircrafts. Finally, after this visit (take 1 or 2 mn) I return in cockpit, open GSX and verify if occupied gates have or not the mention "available soon" in the GFX appropriate list.

The manual has a whole section about it, starting at Page 74, it might be best reading first, because it tells both the advantages and the possible side effects.
Thanks, I'll will do !