Author Topic: updated to SU11 - can't start GSX?  (Read 2040 times)

mrb13676

updated to SU11 - can't start GSX?
« on: November 12, 2022, 05:52:42 am »
TItle says it all

I've updated, run the live update, run the installer, updated in the installer but I still have no GSX menu in MSFS and the hotkey (i checked it) doesn't load GSX.

Any ideas? The coautl is running and restarting it doesn't help..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: updated to SU11 - can't start GSX?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 11:24:35 am »
I suggest first trying to update now, because we had a fairly significant update today.

dornier

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2022, 09:00:43 pm »
Mine won't run either.  The GSX panel opens with the loading animation then closes.  I enabled SU10 Navdats on the config panel with the installer and updated yesterday and the day before, but it's still a no go. Any ideas? 

I tried at two different custom airports.  Haven't tried a non custom airport yet.

Thanks,

George

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 03:45:52 pm »
Mine won't run either.  The GSX panel opens with the loading animation then closes.  I enabled SU10 Navdats on the config panel with the installer and updated yesterday and the day before, but it's still a no go. Any ideas? 

If the Couatl engine running ? If not, does it work if you start it manually from its desktop icon ?

Relayer2112

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 01:54:11 pm »
Same issue. Panel opens with loading animation for ~1 second, then immediately closes. GSX toolbar option shows as grey. Have tried full GSX uninstall and reinstall. Have tried with both SU10 navdata enabled and disabled. GSX currently completely unusable. Log attached.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2022, 03:30:54 pm »
Same issue. Panel opens with loading animation for ~1 second, then immediately closes. GSX toolbar option shows as grey. Have tried full GSX uninstall and reinstall. Have tried with both SU10 navdata enabled and disabled. GSX currently completely unusable. Log attached.

Your log shows an error condition ( -3 ) that usually means you are trying to open the menu again too quickly after it failed to load the first time. It's in fact a method that is used to *prevent* the menu being stuck, in case for any reason a menu is called twice in a fast succession when is already opened.

Do possibly have 3rd party modules connected to some hardware that might sending commands themselves ?

Relayer2112

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 09:40:40 pm »
As far as I know I don't have anything connected that should be sending commands to MSFS.

dornier

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2022, 02:15:04 pm »

If the Couatl engine running ? If not, does it work if you start it manually from its desktop icon ?

Hi, I'm not sure how to tell if Couatl is running, other than looking at windows task manager.  In either case, I tried running GSX and the menu came up with the spinning wheel animation then disappeared.  I then tried to run Couatl by double clicking the icon and waited and GSX still didn't run.  At one point while parked at the gate the VGS for a gate I customized displayed, but no menu. 

As a side note, I noticed while updating GSX, it got to a point where it was updating 1 of ??, when it got to 7 the updater closed.  I then tried updating via the installer and the part that failed with the updater didn't even show up.  I then tried the offline updater and GSX still didn't load.  Where do I find the log file that you would need to diagnose this issue? 

Thanks,
George

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2022, 02:33:56 pm »
Hi, I'm not sure how to tell if Couatl is running, other than looking at windows task manager.

Of course you have a better way, which is the Couatl icon in the Tray bar notification area which, as the manual explains, can be used both to check if Couatl started, but also to Restart it manually.

!"
Do you see the icon ? If no, it means it hasn't started so, again, are you able to start it manually, from the icon named "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS" that has been placed on the Desktop by the installer ?

Relayer2112

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2022, 06:44:00 pm »
Tried with absolutely nothing running except MSFS. Completely empty community folder except GSX. Same behaviour. Menu 'loading' appears for less than a second, then disappears, and the toolbar button shows the grey, inactive state rather than white. Log attached.

dornier

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2022, 04:22:54 am »
Hi, I'm not sure how to tell if Couatl is running, other than looking at windows task manager.

Of course you have a better way, which is the Couatl icon in the Tray bar notification area which, as the manual explains, can be used both to check if Couatl started, but also to Restart it manually.

!"
Do you see the icon ? If no, it means it hasn't started so, again, are you able to start it manually, from the icon named "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS" that has been placed on the Desktop by the installer ?

Yes, it loads into the notification area.  With that said, even after restarting, it's a no go with the menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2022, 10:35:37 am »
Yes, it loads into the notification area.  With that said, even after restarting, it's a no go with the menu.

Do you have the SU10 Navdata option enabled ?

Could you please post your startup log ?