Author Topic: Concorde - odd custom pushback route  (Read 966 times)

Mr.Rick

Concorde - odd custom pushback route
« on: November 10, 2022, 08:33:34 am »
I have setup a custom pushback route and it works fine, however when I am using the Concorde and pushback it takes a very wide route?

You can see in the pushback editor, this is the same route for both planes and they follow exacting the route that you see in the editor

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Concorde - odd custom pushback route
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 01:29:37 pm »
I have setup a custom pushback route and it works fine, however when I am using the Concorde and pushback it takes a very wide route? You can see in the pushback editor, this is the same route for both planes and they follow exacting the route that you see in the editor

It's exactly as it should be. The custom pushback route shows the route by simulating exactly the airplane loaded at that time, so you can be sure is the route will be performed correctly with that airplane.

If your original route was made using a smaller plane, it might work with the waypoints you set, but if you perform or edit it with a bigger airplane, it's possible the waypoints as previously defined would result in a different route when seen with a larger airplane, because of the different turning radius due to its different size.

Of course, if you plan a route with a larger plane, smaller won't will surely be able to perform it, that's why it's best, when creating a route that is supposed to be saved on a parking spot as part of a customization, to use the largest airplane that would normally operate from that parking spot.

Mr.Rick

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 01:38:46 pm »
That makes sense, however the big spike on the concorde path between points 3 and 4, there is a tiny curve there?

« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 01:48:56 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 01:50:32 pm »
That makes sense, however the big spike on the concorde path between points 3 and 4, there is a tiny curve there?

That's to be expected, your waypoints 3 and 4 are probably too close, possibly closer or the same as the airplane length, just move 4 a bit backward, 3 a bit more forward, until the spike goes away.