Author Topic: GSX popup comes up when starting a flight  (Read 1007 times)

jfwharton

GSX popup comes up when starting a flight
« on: November 09, 2022, 05:14:26 am »
Lately I've noticed whenever I start a flight in MSFS that the GSX popup menu automatically comes up.  It did not do this before.  Is there a way I can stop this from coming up?  I know that I can just click on the X to close the popup but there should be an option in the settings to turn the automatic popup on or off.  Most of the time I fly GA aircraft and do not use GSX.  I would still like to have it available when flying airliners but still to not use it very much when I do.

Ankh

Re: GSX popup comes up when starting a flight
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 08:57:16 am »
Same here. Now that this stupid exe.xml story "magically" solved itself with a simple full re-install of Windows 10 and MSFS, I suffer from a ever popping up GSX windows the moment I click on "fly now" after loading the sim.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 12:45:13 pm »
Nothing in the GSX code opens the menu automatically, it's a feature of the simulator, which restores all panels which were active in the toolbar and reactivate them for the next flight and, since the GSX Toolbar icon requires to be active, otherwise the Hotkey won't work, the pop-up menus won't work, and the text messages won't show ( again, nothing we can control, it's just the way the toolbar menus work, their code is killed the moment you made the icon Inactive ), you need to open it when you first start GSX on a flight.

Which means, if you close the GSX Toolbar icon ( so it goes dark ) when you don't need it anymore, it won't open again when returning to flight.

This is of course explained in the manual, where the menu is discussed:

This is now your normal workflow should be:

• Open the GSX menu from the Toolbar icon when first starting Ground services .
• Don’t close it from the Toolbar while Ground services are performed, always use the Hot-key or the X icon to close the menu.
• Close the menu using the Toolbar icon when you are done with Ground services, usually before take-off.

So, it's enough to close the GSX Toolbar icon by clicking the ICON ( NOT THE X!! ), when you are done using GSX, and it won't be reopened on the next start of the flight.

jfwharton

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 05:09:27 pm »
Thank you for that information.  I tried what you posted, and the menu did not popup automatically when I started a new flight.  Definitely will have to go thoroughly through the manual. 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 05:22:08 pm by jfwharton »