Author Topic: Jetways not disabled anymore after updating GSX  (Read 886 times)

HeicoH

Jetways not disabled anymore after updating GSX
« on: November 08, 2022, 10:01:18 am »
Each time a run a GSX update, the jetways of CYVR, KCTL, KORD and KSDF are on the "enabled" side, though I disabled them before the update. This even happens if I run back-to-back updates, meaning if I run an update 1 minute after the last update has finished.
My GSX test scenario (unless otherwise stated):
Sandbox environment
GSX v 2.9.1 (as of 20 Jan 2023)
Fenix A320, PMDG 737-800, ATR-72
EDDL (JustSim), EDDK (Aerosoft), both not Marketplace
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic
no antivirus or firewall software running
all apps started in admin mode

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways not disabled anymore after updating GSX
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 10:37:17 am »
I tried it now, and it doesn't happen here. Please clarify:

- If with CYVR, KCTL, KORD and KSDF you mean FSDT versions of these airports.

- If the above is true, please clarify if you bought them on the Marketplace or not.

HeicoH

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 12:10:26 pm »
I do not have any versions of those airports installed, neither FSDT versions nor Marketplace versions nor other ones, besides the original Asobo versions that came with MSFS. (Oh, KCTL obviously was my mistake, It should read KCLT.) The only FSDT products I own and have installed are GSX, LSZH and LFSB. I have a license for the Switzerland mesh as well, but as it costs so many fps that it is almost impossible for me to fly in Switzerland, I do not have it installed.
My GSX test scenario (unless otherwise stated):
Sandbox environment
GSX v 2.9.1 (as of 20 Jan 2023)
Fenix A320, PMDG 737-800, ATR-72
EDDL (JustSim), EDDK (Aerosoft), both not Marketplace
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic
no antivirus or firewall software running
all apps started in admin mode

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 12:46:43 pm »
I do not have any versions of those airports installed, neither FSDT versions nor Marketplace versions nor other ones, besides the original Asobo versions that came with MSFS.

So why you expected these to be on the Disabled side ? They are not supposed to be Disabled if you don't have a 3rd party add-on for these airports. However, if you want to Disable anywhere for some reason ( not sure why you'd want to go back to the default models there ), the updater will keep your choice.

I just tried it now, after uninstalling all FSDT versions of these airports, Disabled CYVR, KCTL, KORD and KSDF, ran the Update, and they stay Disabled.

I have a license for the Switzerland mesh as well, but as it costs so many fps that it is almost impossible for me to fly in Switzerland, I do not have it installed.

The Switzerland Mesh always worked fine with no issues whatsoever until SU7. When SU7 came out, something must have broken these kind of mesh, causing stuttering and pauses, but these have been mostly fixed with SU10.