Author Topic: KJAC Jackson Hole GSX says all parking spots are isolated  (Read 1842 times)

jqro

KJAC Jackson Hole GSX says all parking spots are isolated
« on: October 30, 2022, 05:31:48 pm »
On the addon by odogs and on the defaulty KJAC GSX says all the parking is isolated, even with a profile by odogs (not sure how he got that working)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KJAC Jackson Hole GSX says all parking spots are isolated
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 03:43:22 pm »
Are you using the SU10 Navdata option ?

JetMech383

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 10:04:51 pm »
I just tried to customize the parking places for KJAC today and I am getting the same message when trying to open the GSX menu. I have SU10 Navdata option checked.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 01:05:40 pm »
Please clarify, exactly if the installed airport is default only, of you have an add-on as well.

I tried with the default only, and I see all parking spots are a bit small, so I get the "Parking is too small for your aircraft" message when opening the customization page with something like an A320, which in fact should be allowed to operate there, at least on some parking spot. It should be enough to set the Max Wingspan, by selecting all gates you want to fix, and click the small airplane icon next to the Max Wingspan parameter.

However, there's seems to be another problem with the default scenery, and it's all parking spots on the main Apron are rotated 90 degreess right, not matching the ground markings which are oriented normally. Checking the airport on Google maps which shows some planes parked, all in the expected position, aligned with the markings, so clearly the default airport has issues, however, GSX should still be able to handle it, since other than the weird orientation, everything can be customized normally and should work.

However, could be an add-on tried to FIX the above problems, but it adds its own issues as well ? Note that, when you use the Navdata option, GSX is taking whatever you get in the sim INCLUDING CONFLICTS. When GSX loads a .BGL, we only got data from a single file so, either you load the correct one or you don't, but when the Navdata option is Enabled, GSX will get everything, including possible conflicts between two files for the same airport. since it no longer knows where the data is coming from.

JetMech383

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2022, 10:52:28 pm »
I am using KJAC by Axonos. Should I uncheck Navdata and see if that works?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2022, 09:31:27 am »
I am using KJAC by Axonos. Should I uncheck Navdata and see if that works?

You can try but, since your case is different ( to OP said he user the default KJAC ), the issue might be a problem with the scenery itself, because when the Navdata is enabled, every chance GSX might have loaded the wrong .BGL for some reason is surely excluded.

Do you see the correct airport name when you call the GSX menu, or the customize airport position option ( choose this from a runway ) ? Maybe there's another small airport in conflict, so you are not really located at KJAC.

JetMech383

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2022, 04:14:07 pm »
When I load into a parking spot at KJAC and click on the GSX menu, it shows for a split second then disappears.