Author Topic: Custom Livery for Ground Vehicles/Luggage Containers Part 2  (Read 1095 times)

samh234

Custom Livery for Ground Vehicles/Luggage Containers Part 2
« on: October 21, 2022, 12:19:18 am »
Hi

So I've managed to create a custom set of rules and operators for the P3D version and if possible I would like to repeat this for MSFS. I've had a look at the folder structures and most of it seems somewhat similar. I assume that the two programs share some folders and logic within their operation(texture locations etc), so I was wondering what are the differences I would need to be aware of? Are there any potential pitfalls I should know about?

Many thanks

Sam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Custom Livery for Ground Vehicles/Luggage Containers Part 2
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 11:10:12 am »
The rules .CFG files in the Addon Manager\Texture folder are shared between MSFS and P3D, but the Simobject folders aren't.

This means, if you just want to change rules for operators that already exists, it's fairly easy to do.

However, adding a new operator in MSFS is more complex than it was in P3D, because in addition of just adding the objects and creating all the various texture folders, you'll also need to convert the texture from .PNG to .DDS and adding all the various flags required by the package, and add all the new files to the package .JSON file, and all of this is normally done by the SDK package builder, which needs to start from the project source files.

If your rules are related to a real world operator that is missing from GSX, it would be way better if you just said what it is and where it should operate, and we can add it very easily, since we have a fully automated procedure to do that, which integrates with building from the source files.

samh234

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2022, 05:51:41 pm »
How would you feel about a fictional operator? I can send you the .dds logo file I created for the P3D version and also the handling and catering rules too if that would be of help. It's because I'm in FD2Sim's group and he has a fictional airline we like to fly with.

samh234

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2022, 11:53:16 am »
Sorry to bump this Umberto, just wondered what you thought?

HeicoH

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 01:21:30 pm »
A while ago I asked Umberto in another thread if it would be possible to provide a neutral livery for the ground services. He refused.
My GSX test scenario (unless otherwise stated):
Sandbox environment
GSX v 2.9.1 (as of 20 Jan 2023)
Fenix A320, PMDG 737-800, ATR-72
EDDL (JustSim), EDDK (Aerosoft), both not Marketplace
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic
no antivirus or firewall software running
all apps started in admin mode

HeicoH

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2022, 02:32:02 pm »
By the way: in another thread I asked Umberto to add CEPSA as livery for the fuel trucks for the Canary Islands and to remove the others. He refused. He insists that the fuel suppliers Texaco, Shell, etc. are in this region, which is a lie.
Sandbox environment
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2022, 10:43:53 am »
By the way: in another thread I asked Umberto to add CEPSA as livery for the fuel trucks for the Canary Islands and to remove the others. He refused. He insists that the fuel suppliers Texaco, Shell, etc. are in this region, which is a lie.

The only "lie" here, is you saying I "refused" to add a fuel operator, which is obviously not true, as everybody can see in the thread you posted about it:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27693.0.html

Clearly, I never "refused" your request, I just said GSX doesn't support user customization of Fuel operators like Ground handlers and Catering operators, the fuel is treated differently and, as I've said, it's randomly selected amongst all the few ones available.

To make it more clear, because you doesn't seem to have understood this and, instead of asking more clarifications, decide to call me a "liar" and posted factually wrong information about my supposed "refusal", if we added CEPSA as a Fuel operator, the way GSX works, it would have appeared, randomly, EVERYWHERE in the world.

So, maybe, next time, instead of calling me a liar, what about opening a new thread to SUGGEST a new feature GSX never had, like the ability to customize Fuel operators as well ?

HeicoH

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2022, 11:16:43 am »
So what exactly do you mean by " they are chosen at random amongst the ones available, depending on the region." in the above cited thread vs. "if we added CEPSA as a Fuel operator, the way GSX works, it would have appeared, randomly, EVERYWHERE in the world." when i.e. Texaco is not avaible in this region while CEPSA is the only one ?
Sandbox environment
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2022, 03:19:37 pm »
As explained in the GSX manual:

- Ground handlers are assigned on airports based on a set of rules, and can be user-customized by airport and by gate

- Catering operators are assigned on airports based on a set of rules, and can be user-customized by airport and by gate

- Fuel operators are selected randomly amongst the few major companies, if you are calling the GSX menu for your own airplane, or are assigned "By region" when they are used by AI or wander around the airport.