Author Topic: VDGS only showing CHOCKS ON  (Read 1675 times)

MarSchar1

VDGS only showing CHOCKS ON
« on: October 29, 2022, 06:22:39 pm »
While using the Fenix A320, every VDGS only shows the message CHOCKS on + UTC time and the remaining time. It doesnt switch to any other information. Im using the simbrief integration

Brokenbroccoli

Re: VDGS only showing CHOCKS ON
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 08:59:02 pm »
+1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 03:41:40 pm »
You don't say if all the conditions for a flight plan to be accepted has been satisfied, that is SimBrief button reads OK in green.

Brokenbroccoli

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 07:26:17 pm »
You don't say if all the conditions for a flight plan to be accepted has been satisfied, that is SimBrief button reads OK in green.

yep, happens also when the Simbrief button is green. Mostly when I spawn at a gate the departure info is displayed for a split second only to move to the "chocks on" message and never return to the departure info.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2022, 03:33:05 pm »
yep, happens also when the Simbrief button is green. Mostly when I spawn at a gate the departure info is displayed for a split second only to move to the "chocks on" message and never return to the departure info.

Please provide the precise, exact, reproduction steps, like which airport you are, and the flight plan.

Brokenbroccoli

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2022, 10:00:03 pm »

Please provide the precise, exact, reproduction steps, like which airport you are, and the flight plan.

Yeah I would.. but it happens at any airport with any FPL..I mostly fly Fenix and out of LSZH, but happens anywhere

Copper

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2022, 10:29:16 pm »
Can confirm, happens on all airports.
Depending on the VDGS it shows the gate number that alternates with the CHOCKS ON message but the CHOCKS ON doesn't disapper even if they are off.
FSDT LSZH and Fenix are probably the easiest to reproduce, just spawn at any gate with VDGS and a simbrief flight plan.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2022, 10:41:00 am »
GSX and thus its VGDS has no way to know, for each airplane, if Chocks or Parking brakes are used, since they can be custom combination of custom variables each airplane can set differently so, once the condition is satisfied at the airplane config level, for GSX and its VGDS, they are all the same thing: a generic "Parking brake", allowing to use GSX while parked.

This means, regardless if you are using an actual Parking Brake or Chocks, the VGDS will always shows "ON CHOCKS", so this is normal.

The problem of the TS-24 kind, which failed to alternate flash between the Gate Info, the Simbrief ETD and the Chocks message, which are all supposed to be alternate-flashing on the first 3 lines ( since there's no space below in the next lines on that model ), will be fixed in the next update.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 10:42:33 am by virtuali »