Author Topic: Inconsistent results using SU10 API Beta...  (Read 964 times)

sidfadc

Inconsistent results using SU10 API Beta...
« on: October 27, 2022, 09:26:49 pm »
I've enabled the SU10 Nav API in the latest version, I've read the manual to help me understand.  Previously I had issues with coualt not starting (ok I can manually start it) but because I have the sim on a HDD it used to take quite a while from loading in at the gate before I could use GSX because the Cache had to load (upwards of 5-10 mins).  My understanding is the new API  should significant improve the loading times because the cache regeneration is now redundant..........

Last night on my first test loading into LGIR I had to manually start coualt (ok usual) but it still took a while before GSX came alive, meaning when I hit the GSX icon in MSFS I just saw "loading please wait".......I still had to wait a good few minutes before I could use the GSX services?  I also noticed in the sys tray, it didn't change to "airport cache loaded successfully" which I assume is because the new API doesn't need to rebuild cache because it's not using the airport BGL.

Tonight's attempt looks like this.... I've just loaded in at EGCC which has a custom ini file (only one) and I can see all the safedocks at the gates (which suggests GSX has loaded?) but when I click the GSX menu I don't have the services available, it says "Loading GSX menu please wait" with the spinning circle and I've been waiting for 15 mins........and coualt is running?
Manually restarting coualt from the Sys tray - sparked GSX into life.

Both instances I'm using the latest updated Fenix A320, using MSFS SU10.

So two days, two airports, two different results..... any ideas?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 09:33:18 pm by sidfadc »

Wimma

Re: Inconsistent results using SU10 API Beta...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 12:15:58 am »
Myself and a fellow simmer have a similiar issue. For us, GSX works fine at the departure airport. However, upon arrival GSX doesn't load (menu keeps spinning). Taking a look at the sys try couatl is there but closes itself after a few seconds. Once restarted manually everything works fine again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 12:06:44 pm »
Please confirm if in the same situation, changing only the usage (disabling it) of the Navdata API, will fix the problem. We suspect either data from the Navdata arrives late or not at all, but it's difficult to track it down without having more data.

Wimma

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 04:13:50 pm »
Will try another flight today or tmwr with the beta turned off. Will report back as soon as I have results.

One thing to note is that this doesn't happen 100% of the time. I did 10 flights since the beta came out and it happened 8 times I think. I tried to reproduce it once by doing the same flight again (after a full sim restart) and all worked fine. I understand that the cause of this bug is hard to track down because of its inconsistency :/ I/we'll try our best to get more results.