Author Topic: Passenger 'Shadow-like' Artefacts  (Read 1174 times)

jumpjet

Passenger 'Shadow-like' Artefacts
« on: October 26, 2022, 06:13:52 pm »
There appears to be some kind of artefact shown behind each passenger. It's almost like a shadow, but obviously isn't.

I use the latest installer as posted in this forum, and then the installed software to do the rest of the updating. I have had this for a little while, so not sure when it actually started. Shows the same in both DX11 & DX12 on PC (AMD 6800XT)

Any ideas please?

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 06:17:02 pm by jumpjet »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passenger 'Shadow-like' Artefacts
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 06:37:25 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, but it's the result of using any form of temporal antialiasing ( TAA or DLSS ), and affect every object that moves.

jumpjet

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 06:40:14 pm »
Ok it's TAA then.

As I am rendering much higher than 1440p, I might try a different type of anti-aliasing and see if it improves without effecting other visuals

Thanks very much for the quick reply  :)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 06:43:59 pm by jumpjet »

jumpjet

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 11:27:23 pm »
Actually I have tried everything with the MSFS graphics settings and can't get rid of this. This includes AA in every mode including OFF, rendering at native resolution, Anisotropic filtering ...... and so many others.

Surely I am not the only one with this issue? Nvidia? AMD?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 09:50:10 am »
Surely I am not the only one with this issue? Nvidia? AMD?

Sure you are the only one, at least you are the first reporting it here.  I can't say about AMD, but on NVidia, those issues can be seen ( perhaps less than in your screenshot ) with using TAA or DLSS, on every object that moves, but they always go away using different AA modes.

Try to turn off Motion blur in the sim settings.

jumpjet

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 03:23:19 pm »
Unfortuanately the first things I switch off in any game is motion blur and depth of field, so the image above doesn't have them enabled.

I have never seen this on any moving vehicle, or at least it's not noticable if it does exist, just the GSX personnel on the ramp.

Don't get me wrong I am not blaming GSX, just that it has become very apparent when using it.

I'll put this issue on the back burner right now, and see if it changes in the future, either with a MSFS or gpu driver update perhaps.

Cheers