Author Topic: GSX Will never load at the destination Airport  (Read 6041 times)

SuperSixBravo

GSX Will never load at the destination Airport
« on: October 24, 2022, 11:17:07 pm »
Hi all,
I have a problem with GSX, it was fine before I have updated it using the latest version off line etc.

GSX works fine at the departure airport, but when I arrive at my destination airport (Simbrief imported ok and loaded the AC fine at the dep airport) but when I land and pull up at the gate, engines off etc, GSX just gives me the Spinning "Loading"

Cany anyone advise on this, I cant deboard my PAX or anything.

Many thanks.

ironlemon

Re: GSX Will never load at the destination Airport
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 11:54:47 pm »
I have the exact same problem. When I arrive (I tried different planes - PMDG 737-800, FBW A32NX - and about 5 different airports, both default and custom, with and without custom .ini profiles) and try to load the GSX menu to pick a parking spot it's just spinning infinitely. After minimizing the game it appears couatl is no longer running in the tray - I have no idea when exactly it stops, other that I am using it successfully earlier at the departure airport. After restarting couatl and returning to the game, GSX starts working again.

GERAirborne272

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 09:08:36 am »
Same problem here. I also tried different airports yesterday with the latest version of gsx.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2022, 11:10:41 am »
Please confirm if this happens only with the SU10 Navdata enabled, or it's unrelated to it.

GERAirborne272

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2022, 11:35:56 am »
I am using VR, SU 10 enabled, using MSFS SU11 beta. I found an error file from the 23rd (see attached). I just did a quick flight from EDDB to EDDF. Same problem. After landing the menu is just spinning. Please find attached the log from the latest flight. I will do the exact flight now again without SU10 enabled.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2022, 11:38:33 am »
I just did a quick flight from EDDB to EDDF. Same problem. After landing the menu is just spinning.

Check if the Couatl program is still running by hovering over its icon in the Tray bar, and see if it works if you restart it manually.

GERAirborne272

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2022, 11:43:06 am »
I checked it. And is was off. It started itself again after I returned to MSFS Main menu.

GERAirborne272

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2022, 01:37:10 pm »
I tested the same flight EDDB - EDDF disabled SU 10 API before starting MSFS. After landing the menu is loading and loading like before and a follow me car is coming. Closing the gsx menu made the follow me car disappeared. Opening the menu again (never ending loading) the follow me car arrived again. After arrival at gate and engine shut down I got the voice message, that I have arrived at the wrong gate and deboarding starts. But I couldn´t choose a gate before because of the menu is loading and loading. At this time GSX icon was all the time visible in tray.

I have attached the new log file. But gsx produced a new one after the flight (maybe after I exit to MSFS main menu?).

GERAirborne272

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 01:44:52 pm »
I will do the same flight again. I will save the log file before exit to MSFS main menu.

GERAirborne272

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2022, 03:37:38 pm »
I restarted my PC and the I did the same flight again with SU10 API disabled. This time I had no issues with gsx. Everything worked.

GERAirborne272

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2022, 08:09:20 pm »
I just did another flight from LEPA to EDDB. SU10 disabled like before. Same issue. After landing the menu is loading and loading. The tray icon is still visible. This time I haven´t return back to MSFS main menu. Please find attached the log file.

GERAirborne272

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2022, 08:40:24 pm »
As I wrote the other post before, MSFS was still running. I have now restarted GSX via the tray icon. That's the only way I could start the deboarding now.

Phil7789

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2022, 09:09:47 pm »
Can confirm too, although I only tested this with the SU10 Navdata API enabled. I "close" GSX after takeoff via the toolbar (so it isn't highlighted). When I arrive at my destination I have an endless loading menu when opening it again. When I then check my traybar icon and hover over it with my mouse it disappears. Seems Couatl silently crashes during the flight.

After a manual start GSX works again. Unfortunately I cannot provide a log right now as I've forgot to re-enable it after my last reinstall, but I'm happy to add one afterwards if needed.

cesarkambara

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2022, 11:42:41 pm »
same problem here

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2022, 10:09:26 am »
I tried to make a flight, and I cannot reproduce the problem. It would be helpful if you could provide some info about the flight you took, and the route taken.