Author Topic: Question about Exclude Third Party Airports  (Read 1448 times)

glc100o

Question about Exclude Third Party Airports
« on: October 24, 2022, 07:09:51 pm »
When I installed GSX Pro a couple of days ago, presumably with the most up to date version, I enabled Exclude Third Party. I have FSDT KORD installed, and two ORBX airports which showed up on the exclusion list. But I also have Flightbeam KPDX and KDEN installed and they do not show up on the list.

Does it mean perhaps that these two airports show up as default to your program because they are using default MSFS Jetways and GSX replaced them with GSX jetways? Not a problem, but I am just curious.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Question about Exclude Third Party Airports
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 03:31:18 pm »
But I also have Flightbeam KPDX and KDEN installed and they do not show up on the list.

The exclusion of 3rd party airports must be done again when adding a new 3rd party scenery after installing GSX.

And, in order to be detected automatically, the name of its package must conform to the developer-airport-ICAO-airportname naming convention. If it doesn't, it must be added manually by ICAO.

Does it mean perhaps that these two airports show up as default to your program because they are using default MSFS Jetways and GSX replaced them with GSX jetways?

- If the SU10 Navdata API is NOT used, GSX will automatically ignore its own Jetway replacement files, even if they are not Disabled as they should be, GSX will always use the correct .BGL for the airport, as long is not bought on the Marketplace.  Disabling the GSX replacement jetway in this case is done mainly to prevent jetways made for a default scenery to appear in the wrong places over a 3rd party scenery and to prevent double parking spots on the Map view.

- If the SU10 Navdata API IS in use, you absolutely need to Disable the GSX jetway replacement for that airport, because in addition to the visual issues, now that GSX won't use the .BGL anymore ( so it could decide to ignore its own Jetway replacement files ), it CAN be confused by the different parking positions as well, since it will take whatever data is coming from the sim, so the parking conflicts in the sim will be propagated to GSX too.

In brief, you should always Disable all 3rd party airports from Jetway replacement, no matter what.