Author Topic: NGX Overwing Exits  (Read 2439 times)

Centrefix

NGX Overwing Exits
« on: October 22, 2022, 12:29:10 pm »
I have an opening profile saved for my NGX - parked up doors open etc ready to receive pax.

Once boarding is completed and GSX does its thing of closing doors, at the same time the overwing exits open.

What's my fix?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: NGX Overwing Exits
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 12:40:08 pm »
Please clarify the specific airplane model used, and the exact, sequence of operations you did in GSX, and if you operated the F/O FMC manually during that time.

Centrefix

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 10:53:40 am »
PMDG 737-800
Once I've positioned myself to my start point I select 'Operate Stairs' then when ready 'Request Boarding'.
Baggage and pax load as normal; when loading is completed the hold doors close automatically as the belt loader pulls away.
Pax doors close automatically as the stairs back away, then as the main pax doors close the overwing doors open.

Dal123

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2022, 12:24:38 am »
My process is (1) Call for Catering. The doors are opened automatically. The Co-pilot MCU is operated by GXS program. for doors and works. After a while I call for Fuel. Catering finishes and doors close by GXS. Fuel truck gets In position and I enter quantity on MCU. At this time I request passengers. Gate comes to plane and back stairs also. At this time GXS opens back door for stairs then wing doors instead of gate door. The baggage crew come at the same time as passengers start. Both cargo doors do not open automatically and GXS requests input from user to open. After baggage finishes, user must close doors also. The Fenix is better controlled by GXS than the PMDG 737. By this I mean Doors are operated automatically including the opening and closing of cargo doors. Now that PMDG has released the SDK maybe things can get a bit more precise. Other than a few issues, I find this software to be a great addition for the sim!
Gary Boivin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2022, 03:26:47 pm »
Pax doors close automatically as the stairs back away, then as the main pax doors close the overwing doors open.

Are you sure you have listed all steps ?

Passengers doors are not supposed to close automatically after the baggage loaders pulls away, they are only closed when asking for Departure/Pushback. However, after Boarding I tried asking for Departure, and I see only the Passenger door being closed automatically, nothing else.

IMatAMS

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2022, 03:35:09 pm »
The doors only close automatically in a stairs config. In a jetway config they won't close automatically, has to be done manually.

I've noticed that the opening of the overwing exits seem to happen less or not if I completely stay away from the right-side FMC until Pushback. Not even touch it between phases when GSX is loading.

glc100o

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2022, 07:02:00 pm »
I am having the same issue with PMDG 800 (testing at KORD for MSFS)with the same sequence of calls but with the exception that I did not call fuel truck. I called catering to start, then boarding after they had left. When asking for boarding, the jetway moves in and the left front and rear passenger  doors open and also two overwing exits open. After deboarding is complete, and prepare for pushback is initiated the jetway detaches,  the front door closes, but the rear door and the overwing exits remain open. I don't know whether the cargo doors opened or not, cannot say on that as I was not paying attention.

When I spawned the aircraft I loaded a custom Panel Short turnaround state with APU running, but otherwise did nothing in the cockpit including nothing on the first officers  flight management computer.

glc100o

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2022, 07:04:05 pm »
I might also add that rear stairs never appeared or attached which was fine for me, despite my making no modifications to exclude their appearance.

glc100o

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 12:47:42 am »
I have reproduced the exact sequence of events that cause the overwing exits to open. I would love to supply a support log which I enabled in game. But when I looked for the log it was not in the location that the manual specifies, and when I opened MSFS to click on the open folder in troubleshooting, or course it over wrote the log I had created with all of its insights. I later found it in the my user name\APPDATA \ROAMING\ VIRTUALI  folder.

Airport: KORD for MSFS Gate B 20
Aircraft PMDG 737 800
Exclude Third Party enabled
Loaded custom short turnaround panel  with APU  running in cockpit but nothing else done on FMC
First Officers FMC not touched

Call for catering:
Right rear door stays closed
Right front door opens
All Other doors remain closed
Catering  progresses to both doors, despite one  being closed.
ends, trucks depart
right front door closes so all are closed after catering

Call for boarding:

No confirmation of passenger count (Estimate passenger count automatically unchecked)
Jetway connects to left front passenger door which opens
Left rear passenger door remains closed.
Front and rear cargo doors open
No passenger boarding chatter
Boarding ends and luggage loading ends
All open doors remain open

Call for pushback:
Jetway pulls back
Front left  passenger door closes
Cargo doors remain open
 Hear “inserting bypass pin”
Cargo doors close
Left overwing doors open and remain open through pushback

Note that if one instead sets everthing up and executes  Call for boarding first and all the events happen automatically, the left overwing doors do not open at any point,  but only the front right passenger door opens for catering, and only the front cargo door opens for luggage loading. Both the front and back passenger doors open for boarding, but no stairs appear on the rear.
There does not seem to be consistency here and it appears door openings and closing depend on whether one starts with calling for boarding at the gate or whether one individually calls the services.

glc100o

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2022, 12:50:24 am »
One other thing. When I saw the overwing doors being open, I went back to the FMC and found the doors listed as open. I tried to select them to closed but nothing happened, so there is an issue with closing the doors manually under this scenario.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2022, 11:25:46 am »
Please try today's Live Update, which should have fixed this problem.

glc100o

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2022, 11:42:20 pm »
After updating works perfectly! Thanks

Dal123

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2022, 01:27:09 am »
That's great news! Will try tomorrow
Gary Boivin

Dal123

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2022, 12:24:25 am »
Works great now! Thanks for the quick fix! Now the passengers can't crawl out to the wing to avoid the cruel passenger treatment we give. It is halloween you know.
Gary Boivin

glc100o

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2022, 05:26:47 am »
Maybe I should post under new heading but unfortunately upon arriving at an airport and asking for deboarding, the gate moves over but the passenger door does not open and the cargo doors do not open despite baggage unloading underway. Still with 737-800. Doors all worked fine at departure airport as confirmed above.