Author Topic: MSFS Simulator freezes. error-file  (Read 941 times)

meierblom

MSFS Simulator freezes. error-file
« on: October 21, 2022, 11:48:52 pm »
After 10-15 minutes flying, the simulator freezes.
I have made  several tests and I believe it has something to do with FSDT.
I found an error-file.
Can somebody read it? Maybe h'll finds why my Simulator freezes.
Thanks in advance
Henk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: MSFS Simulator freezes. error-file
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 09:54:10 am »
After 10-15 minutes flying, the simulator freezes. I have made  several tests and I believe it has something to do with FSDT.

Of course it has *nothing* to do with FSDT.

GSX runs entirely external to MSFS, in a separate .EXE which is the Couatl engine, that is the Python interpreter GSX is running under and, by definition, an external .EXE doesn't have any access to the Flightsimulator process, so it cannot crash it.

It might be possible that, due to a bug in the sim or a bug in graphic drivers, or just because you exhausted the video memory, a created GSX object might cause a crash, but if this was the case, it would happen while GSX was servicing the airplane, possibly during Passenger Boarding, which is likely the most graphically intensive part.

But since you said "After 10-15 flying", where GSX isn't doing anything, it's quite clear your freeze doesn't have anything to do with GSX.

I found an error-file. Can somebody read it? Maybe h'll finds why my Simulator freezes.

Your error log show some Simconnect exceptions that are caused by bugs in the current version of the sim related to keyboard handling, but they don't show anything wrong with GSX. Not that this would make any difference even if they did because, even if GSX really crashed by itself, the only thing you would need to do would be Restarting the Couatl engine, which can be restarted at any time, without affecting the simulator.

In addition to that, I see from your log you are not using the new Navdata API in GSX. I suggest enabling it, because it will make the program run better, and be compatible with any airport, including those bought from the Marketplace.